Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Long Range Forecast

HKY_WX

http://www.examiner....recast-analysis

Been wanting to post something like this for a few days. Hope it's interesting. Has a graphic for my thoughts on the pattern in 2 week intervals.

Very well written, and well thought out; thank you. Interesting it is. I'm no met, but your thoughts and analysis make good sense. Here's wishing you well on verifying (especially as we move later into winter)!

http://www.examiner....recast-analysis

Been wanting to post something like this for a few days. Hope it's interesting. Has a graphic for my thoughts on the pattern in 2 week intervals.

Good read Brandon. Enjoy reading your posts. I actually sent your brother a note about his PDO numbers from his winter outlook. His PDO numbers for July/Aug/Sept from the NCDC were -2.36/-2.24/-2.46. So, those numbers from the NCDC were more negative compared to the numbers out of Univ of Washington. He said it had to do with a difference in the SSTs that were used in the calculations. He sent me this FTP site, but I haven't been able to figure out how to access those numbers - ftp://eclipse.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/ersstv3b/pdo/pdo.1854.latest.situ.v3b.ts

Good read Brandon. Enjoy reading your posts. I actually sent your brother a note about his PDO numbers from his winter outlook. His PDO numbers for July/Aug/Sept from the NCDC were -2.36/-2.24/-2.46. So, those numbers from the NCDC were more negative compared to the numbers out of Univ of Washington. He said it had to do with a difference in the SSTs that were used in the calculations. He sent me this FTP site, but I haven't been able to figure out how to access those numbers - ftp://eclipse.ncdc.n...est.situ.v3b.ts

Thanks. Yea I have noticed the discrepancy before. I have always used the washing.edu site, but it's gotta be the SST areas where they calculate may be slightly different.

Archived