• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 28-31 Storm

SpartyOn

Never said cancel. I'm simply moving my attention elsewhere until I see something tasty. We all come back! No one ever just walks away from a potential.

You on the last system, several days out (for a thread that you started, like this one):

Won't matter thermal profiles aloft are gonna screw us. Even if we manage to get enough precip. Angry is right. This one is dead in the water.

Lol if this storm ends up panning out, you're gonna have to do this every storm. It's good luck :P

You on the last system, several days out (for a thread that you started, like this one):

Lol if this storm ends up panning out, you're gonna have to do this every storm. It's good luck :P

Nice. History repeats itself. I bet a penny the 00z suit will impress and we get that amplification we have been craving.

As I suspected, the STJ energy dug further west than earlier forecasted, but the northern stream didn't so the energy pretty much becames cutoff and useless.

Maybe it will come back, but this type of setup in the winter usually would be a icestorm type of setup I think, not major phasing storm

Not expecting much unless that trough sets up further west... never like to see a positive tilt H5 trough where it's positioned now.

im not holding my breath.

see no emoticons.

Yeah. Based on the 0z runs, I think we'll have to settle on a progressive wave riding the polar front. That kicker dropping out of the prairies around 66-72 hours is not going to allow the flow to amplify.

SpartyOn should change the dates in the title. Looks like the 27-28th is more appropriate.

Yeah. Based on the 0z runs, I think we'll have to settle on a progressive wave riding the polar front. That kicker dropping out of the prairies around 66-72 hours is not going to allow the flow to amplify.

SpartyOn should change the dates in the title. Looks like the 27-28th is more appropriate.

Maybe next event we could get within the 5 day window before a thread :P I just think this thread came too quick not to say the threat isn't over but its very close to being over.

Maybe next event we could get within the 5 day window before a thread :P I just think this thread came too quick not to say the threat isn't over but its very close to being over.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with it. Keeps the general thread from having different streams of conversation flowing every which way. And what's the worse thing that happened? We had a brief chat about a now moribund storm. No harm done.

So long as it's within ~D7, I think any potential storm is fair game for it's own thread.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with it. Keeps the general thread from having different streams of conversation flowing every which way. And what's the worse thing that happened? We had a brief chat about a now moribund storm. No harm done.

So long as it's within ~D7, I think any potential storm is fair game for it's own thread.

Maybe I am superstitious but I find unless its a slam dunk I don't get too excited about a potential unless its within 5 days.

Maybe I am superstitious but I find unless its a slam dunk I don't get too excited about a potential unless its within 5 days.

And let's be honest, it's a snow thing. You won't see too many storm threads about a D7 traditional fall rainstorm (leaving svr wx out of the equation). The reason I and a few others had our interests' piqued was because there was at least a not-unreasonable chance for some snow, had the storm developed like the EURO/GFS were showing 48 hours ago.

NWS BUF

ECMWF IS FARTHER SOUTH ACROSS SOUTHERN PA. BOTH ARE ALSO INDICATING 1000-500

THICKNESS BELOW 530DM AND 850MB TEMPS AT OR BELOW -6C. SUCH THAT

BOTH MODELS ARE SHOWING STRONG SIGNATURE OF WINTRY WEATHER…WILL

HAVE A CHANGEOVER TO SNOW ACROSS ALL OF THE FORECAST AREA DURING

LATE EVENING AND OVERNIGHT…AND IF ONE WERE TO ACCEPT THE EC

SOLUTION THEN OUR FORECAST AREA WOULD BE IN FOR AN ACCUMULATING SNOW

DURING THURSDAY NIGHT…ESPECIALLY AS ECMWF QPF IS ON THE ORDER OF

MORE THAN A HALF INCH LIQUID EQUIVALENT. WILL WAIT TO SEE HOW THIS

PANS OUT OVER THE NEXT FEW MODEL RUNS

Archived