• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Upgrade to RadarScope

das

I'm not easily impressed with consumer applications but the gang at RadarScope have really outdone themselves. Latest enhancements include ability to rotate to landscape view, map extensions out to the HI, PR and AK radars, all TDWR radars have now been added and, if the sensor produces it, display of Dual Pol radar data. Really, really excellent and the app remains just as fast and stable as before.

Agreed...it's a great application and well worth the money invested into it and it is nice for Mac users to have a good radar app. The only improvement I think they should make is to add a smoothing algorithm much like GRAnalyst. This would make the outer range bins and close-ups appear less pixelated.

I just got the version for Android! Ive been using PYKL3 and did not realize that radarscope was moved to android. So far best radar app i have used on a mobile phone. Cant believe it has dual pol! The one thing I havent been able to get working is TWDRs. Has this been put in the android version yet or am I missing something?

I just got the version for Android! Ive been using PYKL3 and did not realize that radarscope was moved to android. So far best radar app i have used on a mobile phone. Cant believe it has dual pol! The one thing I havent been able to get working is TWDRs. Has this been put in the android version yet or am I missing something?

you have to turn it on in the settings (advanced) in new ver

I dont see that in android version 1.1, the latest in the android market.

It's on iPad, iPhone and Mac OS. Can't confirm Android though. I had to configure each after upgrade by going to the little "i" button on the botton right, choosing "Settings" then "Advanced" then turning on the "Show TDWRs" slider.

It's on iPad, iPhone and Mac OS. Can't confirm Android though. I had to configure each after upgrade by going to the little "i" button on the botton right, choosing "Settings" then "Advanced" then turning on the "Show TDWRs" slider.

I can confirm that its not there for Android. Maybe the next update whenever it comes out. Although I did just remember, I think I had a dream that I could get TDWRs on my Android...which is kinda sad. But now I'm off topic.

Extremely noobish question here. Getting my 1st smartphone tomorrow, Droid Eris from a friend of mine, who doesn't need it anymore. Any idea if it will run Radarscope? If not, what is the next best thing?

Here it is 9.99 on the market . I'm going to be waiting on someone to come out with a free version.

Android Market Radarscope

Yeah, definitely wouldn't want to support the developers of a great app... rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I hear ya. I don't mind paying a few bucks for a quality app-- it seems totally reasonable to me.

I have RadarScope on my iPad and it is pretty cool.

By the way, my iPad has become an incredible chase tool. Between the mobile Internet access and navigational, mapping, and radar apps, it's just indispensable. I have it practically glued to me the whole time I'm chasing. It's a perfect tool. Can't believe I ever chased without it!

I love RadarScope, it is a MUST buy app for anybody who wants more details than what the weather channel app or your local TV station may have through vendors like WSI etc, well worth the 9.99, and I would pay 9.99 for the dual-pol access but to have it included is a great feature on my iPad and iPhone..

• 3 weeks later...

Archived