Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Lawn/Garden/Golf Thread

tombo82685

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok my choices are executive Kresson where I average upper 70s, Indian Spring where I average around 90 or Ramblewood where I average low 90s, haven't been practicing much lately, Tom, so I'll need some objective goals.

ok, im not a fan of that kresson course doesn't seem like a legit course. Lets do Indian spring. Over/ under is 92, with 4 inches of snow.

I'm afraid to post here because Jake might get mad...plus I think I already asked this...but is there a list or websites I can check to see what courses are open all year, or is it just kind of hit or miss and check with Ind. Courses?

I know Rutgers shuts down for the winter, so it might be more hit and miss your way. Down here, they are open unless they are snow covered.

Anyone ever play Morgan Hill here in far Eastern PA? Nice course with some great hills. Scenic. About 5 miles from my house.

I have. It's a pretty tough course and I ended up shooting somewhere in the upper 80s. The only bad part was that it was for a high school golf match, which requires players to walk and carry their bags. Boy were my legs tired after that round. :axe: So many hills.

Yea that may make it a little tough. You should prob ad on about 15 yds or so to your drives. Do they have winter rules at the course your playing?

Deerwood is the only course I have played that has a "winter rules" sign posted. Indian Spring (not the only one) gets run over with Canadian geese in the winter, so I hope I don't have to play it as it might lie. :unsure:

Deerwood is the only course I have played that has a "winter rules" sign posted. Indian Spring (not the only one) gets run over with Canadian geese in the winter, so I hope I don't have to play it as it might lie. :unsure:

lol, yea we have the same problem. Every golf course does. The poo and feathers are everywhere. We have a geese chasing dog, she chases the geese from one side to the other all day long.

The drum-roll please,

89, 44 on the front nine, 45 on the back nine. I had a Payne Stewart 15 footer uphill putt for par on the last hole, the par 5, somehow, it went over the cup, but didn't fall in. I beat the over anyway. :)

I've done my part, its up to the Euro now.

There were some holes I couldn't get the tee into the ground and that hurt, I popped up some tee shots. The greens that didn't get any sun were rock hard, the course was so-so, not frozen stiff and on the goose poop meter I'd say it was a 3 out of 10 (with a 10 being atrocious).

At anyrate enjoy the holidays, going to be in an internet dead zone for a while, take care. :snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

Oh yeah that fim is still offshore :ee::facepalm:

The drum-roll please,

89, 44 on the front nine, 45 on the back nine. I had a Payne Stewart 15 footer uphill putt for par on the last hole, the par 5, somehow, it went over the cup, but didn't fall in. I beat the over anyway. :)

I've done my part, its up to the Euro now.

There were some holes I couldn't get the tee into the ground and that hurt, I popped up some tee shots. The greens that didn't get any sun were rock hard, the course was so-so, not frozen stiff and on the goose poop meter I'd say it was a 3 out of 10 (with a 10 being atrocious).

At anyrate enjoy the holidays, going to be in an internet dead zone for a while, take care. :snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

Oh yeah that fim is still offshore :ee::facepalm:

Happy Holidays Tony!

I see you waited for "winter rules" to officially begin ;)

Tom,

I hope you had a great holiday. I assume you're going to enjoy today.

I never knew my golf game was strong enough to bring an offshore solution back. ;)

How about that fim? :scooter:

Tony, had a great holiday, hopefully your's was equally as good. Yea yesterday and more so last night when i was under that heavy band was great. Now the question is do we see anymore snow the rest of the winter or does the nao continue to fight off la nina.

Lol yea im holding your golf game soley responsible for bringing this storm back.... How did walt drags naefs do with this storm?

Tony, had a great holiday, hopefully your's was equally as good. Yea yesterday and more so last night when i was under that heavy band was great. Now the question is do we see anymore snow the rest of the winter or does the nao continue to fight off la nina.

Lol yea im holding your golf game soley responsible for bringing this storm back.... How did walt drags naefs do with this storm?

Really didn't get on board til the 00z run on the 25th. The Canadian members I'm sure dragged it down. So now the GFS led the way, so there really is no go to model this winter.

Really didn't get on board til the 00z run on the 25th. The Canadian members I'm sure dragged it down. So now the GFS led the way, so there really is no go to model this winter.

i heard you have a tee time tomorrow at noon lol.....btw want to give me thanks to the guys answering the phones at mt holly... i think i spoke to jim like 4 times lol.

Archived