Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Lawn/Garden/Golf Thread

tombo82685

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lets go Ramblewood, score 93 or under for greater than 2 inches for phl this weekend. So far your 1 for 1 this winter with golf game deciding outcome of storms, no pressure.

Ok, Ramblewood it will be, couple of really tough par 5s on the blue course there, may just take a rescue club off the tee to not go into the woods.

Ok, Ramblewood it will be, couple of really tough par 5s on the blue course there, may just take a rescue club off the tee to not go into the woods.

yea had to make it a little more difficult this go around. Since outside the clipper chances, we need the pv to dive down pretty far south to get in on the potential miller b...does your wife golf with you, if so what does she normally shoot?

yea had to make it a little more difficult this go around. Since outside the clipper chances, we need the pv to dive down pretty far south to get in on the potential miller b...does your wife golf with you, if so what does she normally shoot?

She does, but she is smart enough to not go golfing now :shiver: . She shoots about the same and if she putted better, she'd probably beat me by 5-10 strokes per round. Gotta get the p/v to go one more canadian province west before making the turn, I feel more optim about the next one than this one for our area (Won't be able to golf before the next one for possibly more reasons than one, so maybe we'll make it 2 fer)

She does, but she is smart enough to not go golfing now :shiver: . She shoots about the same and if she putted better, she'd probably beat me by 5-10 strokes per round. Gotta get the p/v to go one more canadian province west before making the turn, I feel more optim about the next one than this one for our area (Won't be able to golf before the next one for possibly more reasons than one, so maybe we'll make it 2 fer)

Ahh ok, cause i was gonna put a whole new twist on the golf thing lol. Ok, well then if this is going to count for the next one...ill add this in....95 or lower for 4 inches or more for the following storm in phl.

Ahh ok, cause i was gonna put a whole new twist on the golf thing lol. Ok, well then if this is going to count for the next one...ill add this in....95 or lower for 4 inches or more for the following storm in phl.

Alrighty, I'll bring my A game. Even if I fail this time, at least I was able to stop an ongoing 100 year nina record in December. :weight_lift:;)

Tombo,

Could I play two separate games, you know, use two balls, a Nike for system 1 and a DT :whistle: Titleist for system 2?

sure, that would be good to....just to re-state it. You need a 93 or lower for 2 inches or more for this late in the week event....and a 95 or lower for 4 or more inches for next week.

sure, that would be good to....just to re-state it. You need a 93 or lower for 2 inches or more for this late in the week event....and a 95 or lower for 4 or more inches for next week.

Ok, let me see how much I'm spraying it after the first couple of holes. They already have some foursomes going out tomorrow, don't these people know its too cold to golf. ;)

Ok, let me see how much I'm spraying it after the first couple of holes. They already have some foursomes going out tomorrow, don't these people know its too cold to golf. ;)

Need those fairways to refreeze. Today was a big mush fest. The balls were plugging everywhere, like a fried egg in bunkers.

Well, lawns and golf have been discussed here, but not gardens, in spite of the thread title. Soooo.... i have to start thinking about putting out my beautiful Austrian-made cold frame soon, in order to start planting peas,or spinach, or chard, or SOMETHING, anyways. But the cold frame only can take about 14 inches of snow on it before collapsing (it is lightweight). Too soon, I suppose. Anyway, the sun is too low to really support germination right now. But, in a couple of weeks ...!

The idea of picking little lettuce shoots in early February is just delicious!

good luck, our snow chances depend on you thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I say no lies 88 for norlun come to us and 93 for tue/wed, models are exactly where we'd want them to be as of today (for next week). I had to par the last two holes on blue to get down to that 93, that golf round reminded me of the 12/26 event, I was ready to pull the plug after back to back double bogeys and my approach chip on 16 bounced on the concrete and went 30 feet off the green. I somehow managed to bogey that hole and then, I used everything Doug (cheetah440) taught me the last two holes.

So if this doesn't work, it was the wrong golf course, apparently the Indian Spring model is more accurate. ;)

I say no lies 88 for norlun come to us and 93 for tue/wed, models are exactly where we'd want them to be as of today (for next week). I had to par the last two holes on blue to get down to that 93, that golf round reminded me of the 12/26 event, I was ready to pull the plug after back to back double bogeys and my approach chip on 16 bounced on the concrete and went 30 feet off the green. I somehow managed to bogey that hole and then, I used everything Doug (cheetah440) taught me the last two holes.

So if this doesn't work, it was the wrong golf course, apparently the Indian Spring model is more accurate. ;)

lol hahaha, well according to my holly's snowfall map its going to be very close to that 2 inches, we shall see. These troughs and such strong ULL's sometimes have good surprises with them. Is 88 the lowest you have shot on that course? Sounds like you had a good day though golfing. How did you do on the par 5's? My achillies heel is my irons. My woods off the tee are fine, but irons im all over the place just like the models for next week, most of which i pull the ball to the left, bad omen?

lol hahaha, well according to my holly's snowfall map its going to be very close to that 2 inches, we shall see. These troughs and such strong ULL's sometimes have good surprises with them. Is 88 the lowest you have shot on that course? Sounds like you had a good day though golfing. How did you do on the par 5's? My achillies heel is my irons. My woods off the tee are fine, but irons im all over the place just like the models for next week, most of which i pull the ball to the left, bad omen?

I usually do "ok" on the par5s, today I think I had 1 double bogey, 6 bogeys and 1 par. The par5s on the blue course are tough, parring that one was almost like birding most par5s. My problem holes are usually par4s or long par3s since I don't have distance. Today there was ahem roll, so that helped. Of course three approach shots for next week's event landed on the green and promptly bounced over. :angry:. I'd have to check, 88 would be close to my best there. I was concentrating so much about next week's game, I just about forgot about that round. I was told that left shots are a by-product of not turning one's back enough on the backswing, my rotten shots are also with irons, but low liners to the right which I believe is a by-product of doing everything wrong.

I usually do "ok" on the par5s, today I think I had 1 double bogey, 6 bogeys and 1 par. The par5s on the blue course are tough, parring that one was almost like birding most par5s. My problem holes are usually par4s or long par3s since I don't have distance. Today there was ahem roll, so that helped. Of course three approach shots for next week's event landed on the green and promptly bounced over. :angry:. I'd have to check, 88 would be close to my best there. I was concentrating so much about next week's game, I just about forgot about that round. I was told that left shots are a by-product of not turning one's back enough on the backswing, my rotten shots are also with irons, but low liners to the right which I believe is a by-product of doing everything wrong.

yea, once it gets warmer i gotta make it out to the driving range and just practice my irons, before golf season kicks in. If i can get them in gear i should be shooting in the 90s. The par 3's always kill me, usually end up with like a 5 all the time. One thing i hate is the hybrids, have you ever used one of them? I don't know if its a psychological thing or not, but its like in between and iron and driver the club face and i just have no confidence in it at all. The surface area to hit the ball is rather small and that messes with me more then this inverted trof setup lol.

yea, once it gets warmer i gotta make it out to the driving range and just practice my irons, before golf season kicks in. If i can get them in gear i should be shooting in the 90s. The par 3's always kill me, usually end up with like a 5 all the time. One thing i hate is the hybrids, have you ever used one of them? I don't know if its a psychological thing or not, but its like in between and iron and driver the club face and i just have no confidence in it at all. The surface area to hit the ball is rather small and that messes with me more then this inverted trof setup lol.

I have a couple of hybrids, I spend alot of the time in the rough, only clubs that get me out of jail, if I hit them right.

Tom,

Two questions, first will the snow tomorrow count toward the first event. :unsure:

If Tuesday works out, will there have to be a golf trip to Mrytle Beach for me for the next system. ;)

Honestly, i think phl might get 2 inches from this event. Im about 8 miles north of the airport and im easily at that....but yea Saturday counts. When we started this on monday i believe i said the weekend event, and this is all related to the PV.

You might be batting a thousand so far after this weekend, and so far (fingers crossed) its looking good for tues to. I think we could maybe raffle off your cowboys lunch bag towards your myrtle beach golf outing, im sure that bag is priceless. Next event is going to have to be the other course, the short one.

Honestly, i think phl might get 2 inches from this event. Im about 8 miles north of the airport and im easily at that....but yea Saturday counts. When we started this on monday i believe i said the weekend event, and this is all related to the PV.

You might be batting a thousand so far after this weekend, and so far (fingers crossed) its looking good for tues to. I think we could maybe raffle off your cowboys lunch bag towards your myrtle beach golf outing, im sure that bag is priceless. Next event is going to have to be the other course, the short one.

Kresson loses its snow the last of those three, some pine tree shaded holes there, I get the feeling it won't be open for at least the next two weeks.

Archived