• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Capital Weather Watchers / SKYWARN training - TODAY 6:30-8:30

Ian

Sorry... I'm not dealing with both beltways and rush hour to drive to downtown DC... and/or take the metro into DC.

This was announced a while ago. I think it's pretty worthwhile for people to get skywarn certified if nothing else. I should have posted it here sooner.

This was announced a while ago. I think it's pretty worthwhile for people to get skywarn certified if nothing else. I should have posted it here sooner.

It is still quite the drive, for me at least. I should have paid more attention and planned better...sorry.

There were lots of woman and people of all ages. Nont many seemed interested in us, I heard more comments asking for Walter in Falls Church than any questions concerning us CWG folks.

none of us make cool snow sculptures. someone tweeted that they were excited to be in the same room as you which I retweeted. ;)

islivingston Ian Sean Livingston

Me too! RT @hcwoodward Okay. I admit it. Super excited just to be in the same room as Wes Junker. Love winter weather. #weatherwatchers

There were lots of woman and people of all ages. Nont many seemed interested in us, I heard more comments asking for Walter in Falls Church than any questions concerning us CWG folks.

I got the feeling that many in the room were serious amateurs. Having been a visitor to first Wright-Weather, then Eastern, and now here, I do not consider myself an amateur but definitely still a novice. Having to sit at a table with two utter amateurs (a couple) and a man who thought he was well-informed (and, in fact, misinformed the amateur couple to the point where I was embarrassed) was too bad.

I can say that being in close-proximity to Wes was quite the treat. I wanted to stay and ask non-trivial questions but I had a 9:00 train to catch at Union Station.

Ian,

Why weren't you in the CWG picture on the CWG facebook page? whistle.gif

they wouldn't let me.. :(

and i didnt bring a tripod. someone from noaa took one with all of us, but i dunno if we'll ever see it.

I got the feeling that many in the room were serious amateurs. Having been a visitor to first Wright-Weather, then Eastern, and now here, I do not consider myself an amateur but definitely still a novice. Having to sit at a table with two utter amateurs (a couple) and a man who thought he was well-informed (and, in fact, misinformed the amateur couple to the point where I was embarrassed) was too bad.

I can say that being in close-proximity to Wes was quite the treat. I wanted to stay and ask non-trivial questions but I had a 9:00 train to catch at Union Station.

Sorry we didn't get to talk. Many of the CWG posters are novices. I was amazed at how many people came considering the day and time.

Archived