• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Potential Forecast Contest - Looking for feedback on Interest

tornadojay

Hello friends from the southeast. I am currently in the early stages of potentially developing and hosting a forecast contest that would be open for all. Through sponshorship, there is a fairly good chance that we would be able to award a prize to the winner. There would be no fee to enter.

The format of the contest is TBD, but we realize with busy schedules, we would perhaps have something on a once a week basis and a seasonal type of contest. We hope that it could be the first of a series of contests for the future.

One of the main goals of the forecast contest would be to provide a fun, challenging way for all weather enthusiasts and professionals to participate. Since the Weather Challenge is only open to those who are students or alumni, it would be great to provide a formal contest that all can participate.

I would just like to hear back from folks to see if this is something you might be interested in participating in the future. Please reply here if it's something that might interest you.

Thanks all!

I suppose you would be entering the Seasonal Forecast event? I may not agree with some that you have posted, I do enjoy reading yours.

this would be a very concrete type of contest using a web-based system to make selections. For example, the contest might be to forecast snowfall accumulations across various cities in the U.S. for a week at a time.. and you would select snowfall ranges... something that is easily measureable that we can utilize a point system in the contest.

Thanks all for responding with your interest. I'm targeting something for the winter season. As I have more details, I will definitely let you all know. The more participants I am able to get, the better liklihood the sponsorship for the contest will work out and we can get an award for the winning forecaster.

Archived