• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1938 hurricane

OKpowdah

Sad to see no posts here on the actual day.

73 long years.

Here are some thoughts on 1938 and where we stand 73 years later

http://ryanhanrahan....ad-our-katrina/

Nice write up. LOL at those power executives from a decaying TS. We (well the general public) have no....no idea how bad a 1938 storm could be. None. New England as we know it currently, would likely be changed. The entire grid in New England would have to be rebuilt, along with the entire south coast.

Nice write up. LOL at those power executives from a decaying TS. We (well the general public) have no....no idea how bad a 1938 storm could be. None. New England as we know it currently, would likely be changed. The entire grid in New England would have to be rebuilt, along with the entire south coast.

Yes and even if we had a Carol occur today the impact would be devastating.

Since 1960 we've been extremely lucky. In fact one of the quietest periods for hurricane activity up here.

Bring Bob 50 miles west and you have another disaster on your hands.

Sad to see no posts here on the actual day.

73 long years.

Here are some thoughts on 1938 and where we stand 73 years later

http://ryanhanrahan....ad-our-katrina/

read your post there when you put it up, interesting.

You still haven't added me on my new facebook, since yours is on lockdown and I can't even request you lol.

ah, to be a celebrity :(

Yes and even if we had a Carol occur today the impact would be devastating.

Since 1960 we've been extremely lucky. In fact one of the quietest periods for hurricane activity up here.

Bring Bob 50 miles west and you have another disaster on your hands.

Yeah we have been lucky. Eventually, we'll get a heck of a cane run over a period of 10-15 yrs.

Yeah you're not on their lists either. I think you have some extra privacy control.

weird, didn't set anything funky. Oh well, I commented on your page's post, maybe you can do it from there. Well, I have to go study 150 pages worth of geoscience for a 5 point assessment tomorrow so I'm going to be on my way.

by the way, nice post Steve. I think im gonna get out of OT while I still can, it's making me look bad haha. Don't want to come off as a douchebag.

weird, didn't set anything funky. Oh well, I commented on your page's post, maybe you can do it from there. Well, I have to go study 150 pages worth of geoscience for a 5 point assessment tomorrow so I'm going to be on my way.

by the way, nice post Steve. I think im gonna get out of OT while I still can, it's making me look bad haha. Don't want to come off as a douchebag.

Grow some balls, fook um all, but study first!

Archived