amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
my winter thoughts

k***

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you give me predicted snow totals for State College, kush? Love to know your thoughts. Don't need to be exact, just a range of five inches would be fine, such as 98-103". Thanks in advance. Quite frankly, you are the only one who got the last six winters predicted correctly around here.

0.1" on a storm that threatens to be the only big storm of the year, then at the last minute there is an unexpected amount of warm advection leaving you with only a tease of snow.

Can you give me predicted snow totals for State College, kush? Love to know your thoughts. Don't need to be exact, just a range of five inches would be fine, such as 98-103". Thanks in advance. Quite frankly, you are the only one who got the last six winters predicted correctly around here.

i could see you getting a significant event or two...the mean storm track will definitely be west of the apps but a rogue cordillera-runner could make things interesting.

in the field of meteo, yes.

but obviously they have to be replaced on a very frequent basis.

Can you explain to me how blow up dolls help mets forecast, especially when using voodoo science. I'd hate for someone to be playing pin the tail on the donkey, one can end up a bittercaster that way.

A guy I know at PSU who is a meteorology post-doc told me that he thinks the I-95 corridor will miss out on a lot of snow events, mainly just rain, while back here we get hammered fairly good due to the LAO being so negative right now. Keep in mind, negative LAO in September, the winter will remember.

curious, what is the LAO? Never heard of this teleconnection. :devilsmiley:

isn't that the only type of snow you get? :lol:

seriously though, if my thoughts hold up, then parts of texas could see a decent winter

Wiki says it has been as cold as +5ºF in Houston. I don't think even a blanket would save my citrus. I wonder how the LMAO index will trend as we head OND...

Archived