Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
TS Nate

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the trend.... 21N South will disrupt the inflow of a slowish moving Nate, it would be unraveling by then...for a cyclone to be a significant one that far south it has to either be a big, strong and/or moving fast ... it will meet at most one requirement. That's why there has only been one major hit in Veracruz.

Ugh, how early?

Sometime before 72 hours. The trend in the modeling has been pretty major, but not unexpected given the +SOI me and Jorge have been harping on the last couple of days.

I don't like the trend.... 21N South will disrupt the inflow of a slowish moving Nate, it would be unraveling by then...for a cyclone to be a significant one that far south it has to either be a big, strong and/or moving fast ... it will meet at least one requirement. That's why there has only been one major hit in Veracruz.

Yea this track certainly cuts down on the potential intensity. I'm not fully aboard the GFS train yet (since it keeps changing the tracks every 12 hours or so) but if the ECWMF shifts southward I think the writing is on the walls.

Not only it backed off, it's now the southern outlier, with LF just south of 20N... this will bring big changes in the 11pm Advisory, faster and farther south...LF around Tampico on day 4, 85kts

Not bad :P

CMC and Ukie look south of Tampico ... things are looking dreary... but I'm 1/16 glass full :P

Interesting that the convection has actually been thinning out overnight, which is the exact opposite of what you'd expect. One thing: if I'm interpreting the imagery correctly, it looks like the center has gained some latitude and is now above 20N.

I know this isn't my chase thread, but I have to say, I'm having trouble imagining flying from CA for this frail little thing:

post-19-0-65054700-1315556592.jpg

The new (4 am CDT) advisory has the intensity down slightly-- to 55 kt. The latest forecast brings it ashore near Poza Rica late Sunday night (~72 hr) with winds of 85 kt.

Interesting tidbit Re: the track:

RADAR AND RECONNAISSANCE DATA INDICATE THAT NATE IS STILL ESSENTIALLY STATIONARY...AND THE GUIDANCE IS COMING INTO STRONGER AGREEMENT THAT NATE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE MUCH NORTHWARD PROGRESS. BOTH THE GFS AND ECMWF SHOW A NARROW RIDGE DEVELOPING TO THE NORTH OF THE CYCLONE THAT IS EXPECTED TO TURN NATE WESTWARD OVER THE NEXT TWO TO THREE DAYS. IN FACT...THERE IS A FAIR AMOUNT OF GUIDANCE NOW THAT TAKES NATE WESTWARD AND THEN SOUTHWESTWARD ACROSS THE BAY OF CAMPECHE.

I'd give this a 20% chance of being a major at landfall. As long as shear stays low, it's not going to ingest dry air, it's going to have 30+ SSTs and a microcore. It's got a shot to get there.

Agreed. It's taking a little longer than I expected for the convective pattern to stableize but given the current presentation its starting to get there.

Archived