• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post Irene NYC metro area weather discussion

winterwarlock

Power came back on an hour ago after three days.

Weather has been beautiful. Cool mornings, warm afternoons, and clear skies.

I'm surprised you were without power that long so far to the northwest. I believe most people in Westchester had their power restored by Monday night.

Agree about the great weather. High was 79.8F today after a low of 57.9F; long gone are the endless humidity and torrid afternoons of July as the hurricane finally brought down a true cold front. Currently 59.6F for the low...s It should be a little warmer tomorrow as the heat ridge begins to build in from the west, although a +PNA will keep temperature average to below average in the medium to long range.

I'm moving to New Hampshire Thursday to begin working as a teacher, but I'll be back in the area for a weekend in October, and of course for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'll miss NYC metro but I'm looking forward to the pristine beauty of the Monadnocks as well as the colder, snowier weather. I'm quite accustomed to living in New England as I went to college in Middlebury.

GFS and other models develop a gulf storm. Then after day 7, the GFS brings it through Florida and then up the east coast. Probably not as a tropical system, but a hybrid type of system.

Regardless, that scenario would produce big time rainfall.

GFS and other models develop a gulf storm. Then after day 7, the GFS brings it through Florida and then up the east coast. Probably not as a tropical system, but a hybrid type of system.

Regardless, that scenario would produce big time rainfall.

If that front for this weekend slows down any more we might see some pretty intense rain totals again.

I'm surprised you were without power that long so far to the northwest. I believe most people in Westchester had their power restored by Monday night.

Agree about the great weather. High was 79.8F today after a low of 57.9F; long gone are the endless humidity and torrid afternoons of July as the hurricane finally brought down a true cold front. Currently 59.6F for the low...s It should be a little warmer tomorrow as the heat ridge begins to build in from the west, although a +PNA will keep temperature average to below average in the medium to long range.

I'm moving to New Hampshire Thursday to begin working as a teacher, but I'll be back in the area for a weekend in October, and of course for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'll miss NYC metro but I'm looking forward to the pristine beauty of the Monadnocks as well as the colder, snowier weather. I'm quite accustomed to living in New England as I went to college in Middlebury.

Yeah the windstorm Sunday afternoon knocked it out. I've never lost power for more than half a day or so, but this time we were unlucky. I believe there are still residents without power.

Congratulations on the move to NH. Absolutely beautiful up there, anytime of the year.

Archived