• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weather.gov redesign

Mods, please move elsewhere if this is posted in the wrong location. Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.weather.gov/redesign/

The National Weather Service is proposing a design refresh of the NWS website http://www.weather.gov. The proposed design was developed based on:

• Ongoing web survey for Weather.gov
  • Ongoing user feedback
  • Search query analysis
  • Survey of NWS local offices
  • Usability testing
  • Best practices

The proposed design refresh is the beginning of a phased effort to update the National Weather Service web presence and improve customer access to information and services. The goal of this first phase is to improve content organization, navigation, look and feel, functionality, and usability of Weather.gov.

Subsequent phases will support advancement in the delivery of information and decision support services from Weather.gov. Integration of an interactive watch and warning map is also under consideration.

Submit comments on the proposed design

Open through September 12th, 2011

This is my question... despite the similarities, visiting different office's sites can get confusing when certain data/information is put in different places.

This......I am used to BOX and get all screwed up when I go to another NWS site......I go to STO and MTR a lot.....they should have the same layout with the same stuff....with another area dedicated to area specific stuff that is unique to that office....

This......I am used to BOX and get all screwed up when I go to another NWS site......I go to STO and MTR a lot.....they should have the same layout with the same stuff....with another area dedicated to area specific stuff that is unique to that office....

The WRH sites are my favorite... completely different than the rest of the regions.

Archived