• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
0z Model thread for nyc/philly

tombo82685

actually i've hear rumors that this might be the beginning of a multi-year Nina, like 98-99 to 01-02. 1 reason why I'm looking at Indiana and St. Louis for college :snowman:

01-02 wasn't a La Nina, and if there was a multi-year Nina, the next Nina winter would most likely feature a much weaker La Nina and one that is more favorable for us like 00-01.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why you get criticized. DUDE its Dec. 6th we're 5 days into Met. winter and 2 and a half wks away from the solstice. There is so much time left its not even funny. One caveat any forecaster will tell you when predicting snow amounts for the season is ONE STORM...ONE STORM..can put you near that amount. Granted bigger storms are less likely in a La nina but sitting here on Dec 6th questioning whether we'll even see 20 inches is specifically the reason people call you out. Offer some meteorological analysis if you'd like but just proclaiming snow total forecasts are in trouble due no good for anyone and make you seem like an uninformed troll in many peoples eyes.

Didn't you listen to JB, he said winter is basically over after Christmas and many Mets have even stated that in January and February, the SE ridge will strengthen and the blocking will weaken giving us a very warm January and February. OH and true me, we're probably not going to get ONE STORM that gives us those big amounts this season. If we do, then that's pure luck and amazement in such a strong Nina.

Didn't you listen to JB, he said winter is basically over after Christmas and many Mets have even stated that in January and February, the SE ridge will strengthen and the blocking will weaken giving us a very warm January and February. OH and true me, we're probably not going to get ONE STORM that gives us those big amounts this season. If we do, then that's pure luck and amazement in such a strong Nina.

We saw the big snowstorm in Feb of 2006 during a horrible pattern.

You tell him CBW....JB has never been wrong

JB has said that he is now getting worried about that call! :whistle:

You tell him CBW....JB has never been wrong

Im honestly amazed that this was his rebuttal. JB and all the other mets say winters over=winters over? Ok I guess we have the best long range model at our fingertips now. No reason to stay here and talk about winter now..I'll see you guys for severe weather seasonscooter.gif

I know JB hypes a lot, but he definitely knows how to forecast. He completely nailed the hurricane season and last winter to a tee. I'm definitely paying very close attention to what he has to say.

JB knows his stuff but he also a big weenie. Him and Henry are dynamic duos.

Would this be the same JB that has been saying that we were going to have the coldest air in 30 years and also the same JB that was calling for an EPIC -Blockbuster event the week of the 5th to the 15th? Not seeing either so far..

There are much better METS on here then JB...sorry :scooter:

Im honestly amazed that this was his rebuttal. JB and all the other mets say winters over=winters over? Ok I guess we have the best long range model at our fingertips now. No reason to stay here and talk about winter now..I'll see you guys for severe weather seasonscooter.gif

From dealing with him on eastern, its just better to take him with a grain of salt. When things are boring weather wise or not looking good, he comes of with such crazy and off the wall post that just make you laugh.

In no instance in any of his post does he make sense

Would this be the same JB that has been saying that we were going to have the coldest air in 30 years and also the same JB that was calling for an EPIC -Blockbuster event the week of the 5th to the 15th? Not seeing either so far..

There are much better METS on here then JB...sorry :scooter:

as of today he still is talking about the cold and blockbuster storm for Sunday into early next week.

Archived