• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, PA Thread

Cincy will beat them next week.. It was shown two things last meeting. 1) Steelers have nobody that can cover Owens.. 2) Secondary is a joke, especially McFaddan and Gay. I can actually see Palmer throwing 60 times and beating Pittsburgh.

Lol. Nice one

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I still don't understand teams that throw 25-30 times on this D and tries to feed their backs 25-30 times. It makes no sense. Watch the NE and NO Film, thats how you beat the Steelers.

Bengals would have beaten them game one if they threw like they did in the second half.

Cincy will beat them next week.. It was shown two things last meeting. 1) Steelers have nobody that can cover Owens.. 2) Secondary is a joke, especially McFaddan and Gay. I can actually see Palmer throwing 60 times and beating Pittsburgh.

Anybody can beat anybody on any given week in the NFL. And yes, the Steelers are beat up. If Palmer has to throw 60 times he will be sacked 10 times. Cincys offensive line is no Baltimore and then again if Palmer was so great he wouldn't be 2-10. Just saying.

Anybody can beat anybody on any given week in the NFL. And yes, the Steelers are beat up. If Palmer has to throw 60 times he will be sacked 10 times. Cincys offensive line is no Baltimore and then again if Palmer was so great he wouldn't be 2-10. Just saying.

I think their Defense has more to do with him being 2-10 then his play.. Did you watch their first game? His shredded the Steelers secondary. Steelers had no answer for Owens. It was only the second half the Bengals opened up and threw the ball down field.

24 on NE

32 On Atlanta

30 on New Orleans

31 on Buffalo

and they were 0-4 in these games.

It was shown in their last meeting that Pittsburgh is just a much better football team. Bad calls helped Cincy get back in it toward the end. Steelers were blowing them out before that. Owens had a nice game and he was the only one. If Palmer throws it 60 times, he'll probably throw 4 picks as well since he's been throwing a lot of them this season.

Nothing here unfortunately. It's staying to my north so far.

Ah man, that sucks. Thats the thing with these bands the cutoffs can be insane. I was lucky enough to barely get in on this one, out in Plum. Overall though theres a lot of moisture coming from the NW and some of the bands appear to be sagging SE so I'm sure you'll get in on some of it.

Yeah, I still don't understand teams that throw 25-30 times on this D and tries to feed their backs 25-30 times. It makes no sense. Watch the NE and NO Film, thats how you beat the Steelers.

Bengals would have beaten them game one if they threw like they did in the second half.

This defensive scheme was "exposed" in 2002 as well (some say actully a meaningless game in '01 against the Bengals.....and it's been the best defense in the league and multi-SB winning since. Although it's mostly different players except for Farrior, Casey and Smith, the strengths and weaknesses are about the same as back then.

You need to three things for that to work...

1)An elite QB - or at least one that is on that day

2) The a fore mention elite QB playing at his highest level.

3) Protect elite QB

Most teams don't have #1. Those that do typically don't have 2 and 3 on a given day.

That approach can also lead you to getting whacked pretty good. As much as the Pats have the Steelers number, the Steelers have 2 blowout wins i the last 6 years against them too.

So yeah it is the way to beat them - but a lot has to be just right.

This defensive scheme was "exposed" in 2002 as well (some say actully a meaningless game in '01 against the Bengals.....and it's been the best defense in the league and multi-SB winning since. Although it's mostly different players except for Farrior, Casey and Smith, the strengths and weaknesses are about the same as back then.

You need to three things for that to work...

1)An elite QB - or at least one that is on that day

2) The a fore mention elite QB playing at his highest level.

3) Protect elite QB

Most teams don't have #1. Those that do typically don't have 2 and 3 on a given day.

That approach can also lead you to getting whacked pretty good. As much as the Pats have the Steelers number, the Steelers have 2 blowout wins i the last 6 years against them too.

So yeah it is the way to beat them - but a lot has to be just right.

Pats get all 3 every week.. Steelers better hope a team knocks Pats off in the playoffs, cause Steelers weren't be able too.

It was shown in their last meeting that Pittsburgh is just a much better football team. Bad calls helped Cincy get back in it toward the end. Steelers were blowing them out before that. Owens had a nice game and he was the only one. If Palmer throws it 60 times, he'll probably throw 4 picks as well since he's been throwing a lot of them this season.

I think it has more to do with Williams Gay and Ike Taylor getting abused by Owens, 10 rec, 146 yards, and 2 TD.

Alot of guys outside of Brady and maybe Brees will throw picks if he they throw that many times, its the nature of the beast, but to me Cincy has probably one of the best WR Core in the league. Owens, is the most dangerous big play guys in the league, CJ Took a step back, but he is still pretty good, Grisham and Shipley have excelled as rookies.

Don't know how hard it is to realize Steelers DB suck big time, Pats showed this big time and built a recipe to beating them, If Rich Gannon can throw 60 times and destroy them, Palmer is capable of doing it.

Well, too early to call this a bust? I was forecasted for 8-14" here and I have had a little over 4". In fact the sun it out now and alot of the snow has melted. Radar isn't that impressive and I think late tonight into Tomorrow the storm is suppose to start moving NE and snow is going to start to diminish.

Even if it verified like that I'm fine with a foot of snow, cold temps, and blizzard conditions.

Not sure if we should see a foot here, but next runs will be interesting..

Seems like Mountains to my south are getting hammered today.

Blizzard Warning

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

1100 AM EST MON DEC 6 2010

WVZ501-503-505-070000-

/O.CAN.KLWX.WS.W.0011.000000T0000Z-101207T1200Z/

/O.NEW.KLWX.BZ.W.0004.101206T1600Z-101207T1200Z/

WESTERN GRANT-WESTERN MINERAL-WESTERN PENDLETON-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BAYARD...MOUNT STORM...ELK GARDEN...

CIRCLEVILLE

1100 AM EST MON DEC 6 2010

...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST TUESDAY...

...WINTER STORM WARNING IS CANCELLED...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS

ISSUED A BLIZZARD WARNING...IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST TUESDAY. THE

WINTER STORM WARNING HAS BEEN CANCELLED.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 10 TO 20 INCHES.

* TIMING...PERIODS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW ARE EXPECTED THROUGH

LATE TONIGHT. HEAVIEST SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED THIS AFTERNOON AND

TONIGHT. ACCUMULATING SNOW WILL CONTINUE ON TUESDAY.

* TEMPERATURES...HIGH TEMPERATURES TODAY WILL BE IN THE UPPER

TEENS AND LOWER 20S. LOW TEMPERATURES TONIGHT WILL BE IN THE

SINGLE DIGITS TO THE MIDDLE TEENS.

* WIND CHILLS...IN THE SINGLE DIGITS MAY FALL BELOW ZERO AT

TIMES.

* WINDS...WEST-NORTHWESTERLY AT 20 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS OF 40 TO

50 MPH THROUGHOUT THE PERIOD. GUSTY WINDS WILL CAUSE BLOWING

SNOW...WHICH WILL REDUCE VISIBILITY FREQUENTLY TO BELOW ONE-

QUARTER MILE.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A BLIZZARD WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE

EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS

AND POOR VISIBILITIES ARE LIKELY. THIS WILL LEAD TO WHITEOUT

CONDITIONS...MAKING TRAVEL EXTREMELY DANGEROUS.

I think it has more to do with Williams Gay and Ike Taylor getting abused by Owens, 10 rec, 146 yards, and 2 TD.

Alot of guys outside of Brady and maybe Brees will throw picks if he they throw that many times, its the nature of the beast, but to me Cincy has probably one of the best WR Core in the league. Owens, is the most dangerous big play guys in the league, CJ Took a step back, but he is still pretty good, Grisham and Shipley have excelled as rookies.

Don't know how hard it is to realize Steelers DB suck big time, Pats showed this big time and built a recipe to beating them, If Rich Gannon can throw 60 times and destroy them, Palmer is capable of doing it.

You can't discount the bad calls in that game that pretty much handed the Bengals one of their late TDs though. Even the league admitted to the 2 bad calls on the one TD drive. Something the Steelers had to overcome and still did.

There's no doubt that the Steelers have a shaky secondary, and it is the weakness of the team. On paper, it's a bad matchup against the Bengals passing game. But sometimes you just have to look past all of those stats and look at the most important stat of all.....wins and losses. Steelers are 9-3 and the Bengals are 2-10.

The Bengals can put up all the flashy numbers they want to, but they just don't know how to win games this year. I knew having TO and Ochocinco on that team together would hurt them. Those guys are complete drama queens and selfish players. TO has ruined just about every team he's been on. He'll put up great numbers one week and then the next week be a total head case. You don't know what you're getting out of him from week to week. Pretty much the same with Ochostinko. Very inconsistent. The Bengals look great on paper, but games aren't played on paper fortunately. BTW, let's not forget how awful the Bengals defense is. Much worse than the Ravens of course.

The Bengals may hang with the Steelers this week, like they did with the Saints, but I think in the end you'll see why they're 2-10. Yes, teams like the Bengals can be dangerous this time of year, but I'd be shocked if the Steelers come out and lay and egg with still a lot to accomplish yet. Just my opinion of course.

I'm actually getting hit pretty good right now. Most of it has missed me since yesterday, but it looks like I'm finally catching a break. Not sure how long it will last, but I'll enjoy it while it does anyway. :snowman:

Yes, it looks like the South Hills and Butler County are the places to be.

We have had no snow in the North Hills since daybreak this morning.

This storm on Sunday-Monday bears watching.

Maybe we can get our big storm out of the way early this year, then hope for an early spring.

I for one, love snow for the Christmas season.

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PITTSBURGH PA

1257 PM EST MON DEC 6 2010

OHZ040-049-050-PAZ021-029-073-075-WVZ001>003-062000-

CARROLL-HARRISON-JEFFERSON OH-ALLEGHENY-WASHINGTON-WESTMORELAND-

FAYETTE-HANCOCK-BROOKE-OHIO-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CARROLLTON...CADIZ...HOPEDALE...

STEUBENVILLE...PITTSBURGH METRO AREA...WASHINGTON...CANONSBURG...

DONORA...CALIFORNIA...CHARLEROI...MONONGAHELA...MCMURRAY...

GREENSBURG...NEW KENSINGTON...JEANNETTE...LATROBE...MONESSEN...

UNIONTOWN...CONNELLSVILLE...POINT MARION...TORONTO...WEIRTON...

WHEELING

1257 PM EST MON DEC 6 2010

...SNOW SHOWERS AND SOME SLICK ROADS INTO THE EARLY AFTERNOON...

SNOW SHOWERS...HEAVY AT TIMES...WILL MOVE THROUGH PORTIONS OF

EASTERN OHIO...THE NORTHERN PANHANDLE OF WEST VIRGINIA...AND

SOUTHWESTERN PENNSYLVANIA THROUGH 3 PM. LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE

CARROLLTON...CADIZ...AND STEUBENVILLE IN

OHIO...WHEELING...WELLSBURG...AND WEIRTON IN WEST VIRGINIA...AND

BRIDGEVILLE AND WASHINGTON IN PENNSYLVANIA. THE HEAVIER SNOW

SHOWERS WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A QUICK HALF INCH TO AN INCH

OF SNOW IN AN HOUR OR LESS. THIS WILL CAUSE SOME ROADS TO BECOME

SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY. VISIBILITY CAN BE REDUCED TO LESS THAN

A HALF OF A MILE IN THE HEAVIER SNOW SHOWERS.

UNTREATED ROADS CAN QUICKLY BECOME SNOW COVERED AND SLICK. BRIDGES

AND ELEVATED ROADS MAY FREEZE BEFORE OTHER ROAD SURFACES.

MOTORISTS SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION AND BE ALERT FOR SLIPPERY ROADS.

$$

WOODRUM

Maybe we can get our big storm out of the way early this year, then hope for an early spring.

Didn't we get a pretty decent storm in the 2nd or 3rd week of December last year too? I remember I had to work on a Saturday in December last year and I couldn't even make it to work because it was so bad out in the early morning. Cleared up later in the morning but in the early morning hours the roads were awful!

Didn't we get a pretty decent storm in the 2nd or 3rd week of December last year too? I remember I had to work on a Saturday in December last year and I couldn't even make it to work because it was so bad out in the early morning. Cleared up later in the morning but in the early morning hours the roads were awful!

Mentioned this before....heh that radar right now reminds me of when I lived in Bethel Park and worked out at RIDC on Rt. 28. A few times I would get delayed by snow going to work and once I got through the Liberty Tubes, no snow. When I explained to my co-workers what happened, they all were puzzled, saying "I never heard of anything like that around here." axesmiley.png

Guys, check out the 12z gfs. Very interesting... Possible blizzard conditions.

While this storm is definitely something to watch, looks like we would have change over worries to deal with until the secondary low takes over. Usually the warm air takes over faster than modeled for our area as well in these cases. VD2007 comes to mind when I see this storm although at a week out its not worth debating on how much snow vs rain vs zr we could be in for. Definitely does look interesting though as the secondary low tracks further inland and keeps us in decent precip after the cold air has moved in.

Some snow total reports as of this morning from NWS Clev.

PENNSYLVANIA

...CRAWFORD COUNTY...

BLOOMING VALLEY 4NE 21.0 738 AM 12/6

CROSSINGVILLE 2NE 16.0 715 AM 12/6

MEADVILLE 16.0 751 AM 12/6

MEADVILLE 5W 13.5 700 AM 12/6

CANADOHTA LAKE 12.0 717 AM 12/6

CONNEAUTVILLE 6SW 10.0 718 AM 12/6

TITUSVILLE 7.0 741 AM 12/6

...ERIE COUNTY...

AMITY TWP 14.0 718 AM 12/6

COLT STATION 13.0 922 AM 12/6