Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, PA Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have me at 2-4 for today and have seen basically nothing.. There is nothing on radar that shows its going to change. In fact alot of the bands coming from Venango and Mercer counties are losing punch as they head southeast.

The discussion also stated a Lake Huron effect by late afternoon, and it looks like right now, not happening.

NWS SC mentioned streamers that would run from Lake Erie over to Lancaster.

I am starting to think the snow bands from Lake Huron effect could start overnight!!!:snowman:

I think the NWS is having some server problems. Wunderground is displaying NEXRAD data: http://www.wundergro...f=9999&smooth=0

Hey, shouldn't you have the red tag at this point?

Just a question, but what you thinking for today and tomorrow...I am a bit concernced as I have class in Slippery Rock tomorrow and have to drive up...not looking forward to that at all as I feel that they could get some really dicey conditions that way tomorrow.

I'll say! ATTM, the PIT radar loop is showing 3 frames of Texas and Louisiana, and then 2 of the border of Oregon and Washington before going back to the local image.

That's funny because I'm getting a few frames of the border of Nevada and California and then the local image. Through all of it, Lake Erie stays in the same spot. :lol:

12/05/2010 07:00 AM

MEADVILLE

12.0 inches

12 HOUR SNOWFALL

12/05/2010 06:55 PM

BEAR LAKE

7.0 inches

12 HOUR SNOWFALL

12/05/2010 06:00 AM

CROSSINGVILLE

6.0 inches

12 HOUR SNOWFALL

12/05/2010 07:00 PM

NANTY GLO

5.0 inches

12 HOUR SNOWFALL

12/05/2010 06:45 PM

COLUMBUS

3.0 inches

12 HOUR SNOWFALL

CONNEAUTVILLE

3.0 inches

12 HOUR SNOWFALL

THOMPSON

2.5 inches

24 HOUR SNOWFALL

LINESVILLE

2.3 inches

12 HOUR SNOWFALL

STANFORDVILLE

2.3 inches

24 HOUR SNOWFALL

FRIENDSVILLE

2.1 inches

24 HOUR SNOWFALL

12/05/2010 06:00 PM

BERLIN

2.0 inches

12 HOUR SNOWFALL

12/05/2010 09:00 AM

BLOOMING VALLEY

2.0 inches

12 HOUR SNOWFALL

12/05/2010 06:30 PM

JOHNSTOWN

2.0 inches

12 HOUR SNOWFALL

12/05/2010 08:00 AM

CANADOHTA LAKE

1.6 inches

12 HOUR SNOWFALL

12/05/2010 06:00 PM

SOMERSET

1.0 inches

12 HOUR SNOWFALL

12/05/2010 09:05 AM

LAKE CITY

0.9 inches

12 HOUR SNOWFALL

That's funny because I'm getting a few frames of the border of Nevada and California and then the local image. Through all of it, Lake Erie stays in the same spot. :lol:

Ok. I thought it was kinda funny that both of those locations had a similar shaped lake near the northern edge of the map, but I can't claim to be familiar enough with the local geography to have been sure it wasn't a local feature.So that was Lake Erie...

Agreed....band looks to be setting up nicely. I tend to agree that someone in the Northern AGC region will see 2-4 inches of snow overnight.

Northern AGC into SOUTH BUTLER AREA will get 2-4 or even some 3-6 inch areas

Pittsburgh might get 1-3 inch snowfall if a band forms beside the stronger one

That storm next weekend looks interesting, all the models are showing a storm now

That storm next weekend looks interesting, all the models are showing a storm now

As I said...NOT excited to drive up to Slippery Rock tomorrow..I feel they could end up with 6+ inches between now and tomorrow evening...my hope is that things really pound up there tomorrow afternoon and they cancel their evening classes so I don't need to make the trip, as I do have a test.

You're on the slopes, correct? How much do you have? I would imagine that upsloping will help you out?

BTW, as far as a lake effect set up for Pittsburgh, this is about as well as you can do.

Last time I measured which was about 5:30, I got about 3". Its not snowing currently, but the band in NW PA looks like a direct hit.

I am tempted in taking a trip tonight up on 22 over Dishong Mt and Cresson Mt. They are getting pounded.

Last time I measured which was about 5:30, I got about 3". Its not snowing currently, but the band in NW PA looks like a direct hit.

I am tempted in taking a trip tonight up on 22 over Dishong Mt and Cresson Mt. They are getting pounded.

I've never been up all that far north during one of these events...in Slippery Rock, we were always right on the fringe, and while 30 miles north there would be 18 inches, at SRU we would get 6, which was nice, but not what I wanted. I did once, take a drive up to meadville a day after a LES event, and it was pretty amazing to go from 6 inches of snow on the ground to well over a foot in only about 30 minutes of driving. I would love to really, at some point, get in one of those squalls that lasts for 2, 3, 4 hours...that would be pretty amazing to see a foot of snow pile up in 4 hours....I mean, think how intense the Feb storm last year was...that was 1-2 inch per hour rates for most of that storm...just imagine 3-4 inch rates...

Yes, it looks like a little snow or mix with the front late week and then a big storm moving in for the weekend. It may be a slop storm but right now it looks like more frozen than not. Still a week away but will be fun to watch.

Currently light snow showers and blowing pretty good.

And How bout those Steelers!!!

Archived