Newest Member
    joxey
Tuesday July 26th Thunderstorm Potential

bluewave

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gusting to 49 mph at JFK.

Very gusty wind here as well in Long Beach with the arrival of these storms. There's a bow shape to the storm as well, meaning there are some nice winds being mixed down. Probably 45-50 mph or so just blew through before the rain arrived. Trees were definitely shaking a bit.

Very gusty wind here as well in Long Beach with the arrival of these storms. There's a bow shape to the storm as well, meaning there are some nice winds being mixed down. Probably 45-50 mph or so just blew through before the rain arrived. Trees were definitely shaking a bit.

The same here.

Waterspout reported at Long Beach.

Wow! I really would have liked to have seen that myself.That location is on the channel 2-2.5 miles to my WNW and I am on the ocean side of the barrier island.

Too bad it happened after dark.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY916 PM EDT TUE JUL 26 2011..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON.....DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.... ..REMARKS..0900 PM WATER SPOUT LONG BEACH 40.59N 73.67W07/26/2011 NASSAU NY TRAINED SPOTTER REPORT OF A WATER SPOUT OVER REYNOLDS CHANNEL SEEN FROM LINDELL BLVD

Wow! I really would have liked to have seen that myself.That location is on the channel 2-2.5 miles to my WNW and I am on the ocean side of the barrier island.

Too bad it happened after dark.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY916 PM EDT TUE JUL 26 2011..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON.....DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.... ..REMARKS..0900 PM WATER SPOUT LONG BEACH 40.59N 73.67W07/26/2011 NASSAU NY TRAINED SPOTTER REPORT OF A WATER SPOUT OVER REYNOLDS CHANNEL SEEN FROM LINDELL BLVD

OMFG!! I'm only two blocks from there!! I was inside at the time and only noticed the winds pick up briefly, but didn't pay any real attention. I can't believe a waterspout/tornado might have been directly over me!!! I don't see much damage here other than some twigs/branches down but I might make a trip west to see if it's more extensive down there.

Ahead of the thunderstorm/squall line it got up to 90 here in Astoria, now it is down to 72. (it was about 87 when I got home at 6, went up to 90 around 815.) Shows you how a good thunderstorm can cool things off with the down drafts.

OMFG!! I'm only two blocks from there!! I was inside at the time and only noticed the winds pick up briefly, but didn't pay any real attention. I can't believe a waterspout/tornado might have been directly over me!!! I don't see much damage here other than some twigs/branches down but I might make a trip west to see if it's more extensive down there.

Archived