• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Trail cameras

I'm an avid outdoorsman and we use trail cameras to get an idea of what animals we have visiting the land. I just joined a new 2500 acre hunting club and put the cam out and had over 200 pics in a week. Figured some of you guys may want to see these since they are close up shots of some decent animals.

MDGC0015.jpg

MDGC0168.jpg

MDGC0173.jpg

MDGC0090.jpg

MDGC0076.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I thought I had some big bears on camera already but a great big ole swamp bear decided to show himself. He is a GIANT and easily goes over 500+ pounds. Scariest part is he is missing an eye and if you stumble across him he won't see you coming and that could surprise him and lead to bad things happening.

first average bear

MDGC0010.jpg

Then the giant

MDGC0028.jpg

great shots. I love watching black bears in the wild. Used to live in a wildlife reserve area in Sparta, NJ and the black bears would constantly be coming through our yard. Our little 35 lb terrier mix would chase them up trees :lol:

You must have lived up on or near Edison Road. My sister lives up there. Bears are a constant thing. I live in another section of Sparta where my property backs up to about 3000 acres of undeveloped privately held land. Bears, foxes, turkeys, coyotes and of course tons of deer are a constant thing. My wife even thought she may have seen a mountain lion one time. That would not surprise me even though state wildlife officials will deny there existence in these parts.

Archived