• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
What is your favorite weather in the summer?

Thunderdude

What is your favorite weather in the summer?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite part of the summer in weather?

• Heat Waves
    • Severe Thunderstorms
    • Hurricane Season
    • Other

Backdoor cold fronts with 001 VV ST scud and 012 ST OVC moving rapidly westward turning a sunny 87/68 day at noon on LI to a stratus leaden sky and 64/62 with drizzle by 4 PM. No way, I am not that crazy, but it sure is a wonderful and ingenious punishment specially engineered for NE coastal climate by mother nature.

This is very tough, I'd say Heat Waves closely followed by Severe Thunderstorms. However I think this will be a "good" year for Hurricanes.

Hurricane Season isn't THAT interesting as far as the NYC area goes, Hurricane Earl was very fun to watch but 99.99% of the time everything else curves out to sea.

Unfortunately to get a 'good' hurricane in these parts like a Gloria or Floyd means somebody gets slammed with a ton of wind damage or completely flooded out. Otherwise it ends up too far east and we don't see much of anything. I wouldn't mind just a nice tropical storm with 30 to 40 mph winds with bands of heavy rain. I love the clouds before and after a tropical system moves through.

This is very tough, I'd say Heat Waves closely followed by Severe Thunderstorms. However I think this will be a "good" year for Hurricanes.

Hurricane Season isn't THAT interesting as far as the NYC area goes, Hurricane Earl was very fun to watch but 99.99% of the time everything else curves out to sea.

Unfortunately to get a 'good' hurricane in these parts like a Gloria or Floyd means somebody gets slammed with a ton of wind damage or completely flooded out. Otherwise it ends up too far east and we don't see much of anything. I wouldn't mind just a nice tropical storm with 30 to 40 mph winds with bands of heavy rain. I love the clouds before and after a tropical system moves through.

That's my only issue with tropical systems, I was in FL when it was brushed by Hurricane Dennis (2005), it was very windy and rainy with tornado watches/warnings, didn't notice any damage but the streets were littered with palm tree leaves and other things the next day.

I wouldn't mind being brushed by something, a direct hit is something I wouldn't wish for.

Archived