• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Predict how many days of 90(+) heat this week...

Shades

For Memorial Week... Monday-Friday...  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How many days will the high temperature reach or exceed 90 at NYC between Mon-Fri?

2. 2. How many days will the high temperature reach or exceed 90 at EWR between Mon-Fri?

For this poll, the question continues to lean on the heat and gives emphasis to the much touted 90 degree that we've been hearing as a monicker of a hot season. So the question for this Memorial Week is... how many days of 90 or over do you predict will occur in NYC (Central Park) and Newark (EWR airport) between Monday, May 30 and Friday, June 3. It is a two part poll, you vote for each location.

All votes will be tallied/recorded and winners will accumulate points toward notabilty of forecast verification. Goodluck.

Poll closes Monday morning! Get votes in early!

Last time to get in your votes, poll closes before noon today. Will the temperatures be able to recover from the MCS that rolled heavy rain and thunder through the area this morning? What about the backdoor front slated to usher in marine air for midweek? It may be that 90 may not be realized at all this week in NYC...3 votes in favor of that happening, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Break down of voting so far is in favor of NYC reaching/exceeding 90 once this week. And Newark reaching 90 or better 3 days this week {although Alpha5 has gone out on the limb and is betting that EWR will hit 90 all week long, I'm going to have to buy him a beer (or 5) if that happens}... If you haven't voted yet, this is your last opportunity before the poll closes. I'll post again with another roundup later in the day and update the maxes throughout the week.

Highs for the week of May 30th (Monday)-June 3rd (Friday)

CPK: 86, 89, 90, 80, 76

EWR: 92, 88, 95, 82, 80

Total Days NYC at or above 90: 1

Total Days EWR at or above 90: 2

Winners of this week's poll for NYC highs: BlueSkiesFading , earthlight , Snowlover11 , ag3 , BxEngine , Thunderdude , NYCvort

Winners of this week's poll for EWR highs: Cfa , earthlight , BxEngine , Thunderdude , NYCvort

Winners matching BOTH locations: weight_lift.gifearthlight, BxEngine, Thunderdude, NYCvort weight_lift.gif

Full member ranks from this week's and last week's poll (Wins/Losses):

3-0 Thunderdude

2-0 BxEngine

2-0 earthlight

2-1 NYCvort

2-1 ag3

1-0 Snow88

1-0 Fantom X

1-0 uncle W

1-2 Snowlover11

1-2 soap

1-2 BluSkiesFading

1-2 Plfdwxdude

1-2 Quincy

1-2 Shades

0-1 Isotherm

0-1 bma26

0-1 killabud

0-1 midtownsnow

0-1 Joe T

0-1 Wannabehippie

0-1 nzucker

0-1 pjmJS

0-1 jetski09

0-1 SACRUS

0-1 The Trials

0-1 forkyfork

0-1 forkyfork

0-1 supermeh

0-1 rickwx1006

0-1 Brian5671

0-1Analog96

0-2 afghjl555

0-2 Cfa

0-2weatherMA

0-2 Weathergun

0-2 CooL

0-3 Alpha5

0-3 NorEaster27

(A-L-E-X and Isotherm voted after deadlines, no points were alloted for certain votes)

(If there are any errors you find with your vote or others, reply or message me and I'll look into it.)

Poll for next week is yet to be determined, any suggestions??? Maybe something rain/thunder related?

Highs for the week of May 30th (Monday)-June 3rd (Friday)

CPK: 86, 89, 90, 80, 76

EWR: 92, 88, 95, 82, 80

Total Days NYC at or above 90: 1

Total Days EWR at or above 90: 2

Winners of this week's poll for NYC highs: BlueSkiesFading , earthlight , Snowlover11 , ag3 , BxEngine , Thunderdude , NYCvort

Winners of this week's poll for EWR highs: Cfa , earthlight , BxEngine , Thunderdude , NYCvort

Winners matching BOTH locations: weight_lift.gifearthlight, BxEngine, Thunderdude, NYCvort weight_lift.gif

Full member ranks from this week's and last week's poll (Wins/Losses):

3-0 Thunderdude

2-0 BxEngine

2-0 earthlight

2-1 NYCvort

1-0 Snow88

1-0 Fantom X

1-0 uncle W

1-2 Snowlover11

1-2 soap

1-2 ag3

1-2 BluSkiesFading

1-2 Plfdwxdude

1-2 Quincy

1-2 Shades

0-1 Isotherm

0-1 bma26

0-1 killabud

0-1 midtownsnow

0-1 Joe T

0-1 Wannabehippie

0-1 nzucker

0-1 pjmJS

0-1 jetski09

0-1 SACRUS

0-1 The Trials

0-1 forkyfork

0-1 forkyfork

0-1 supermeh

0-1 rickwx1006

0-1 Brian5671

0-1Analog96

0-2 afghjl555

0-2 Cfa

0-2weatherMA

0-2 Weathergun

0-2 CooL

0-3 Alpha5

0-3 NorEaster27

(A-L-E-X and Isotherm voted after deadlines, no points were alloted for certain votes)

(If there are any errors you find with your vote or others, reply or message me and I'll look into it.)

Poll for next week is yet to be determined, any suggestions??? Maybe something rain/thunder related?

I'm pretty sure I had last weeks poll correct.

Should be 2-1.

Yup. Had last weeks poll correct. Just checked the thread.

Noted and fixed.

I'm still considering what to do with next weeks. Another temperature poll/contest seems the most in demand... I'll have it in a new thread tomorrow morning.

Archived