• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May 30th - June 1st Heat Wave Contest - zwyts wins, Trixie/Ian tie for 2nd

Deck Pic

fwiw, i vote against using morning lows.. no real way to verify (6hrs are usually right but not always). just gotta factor in if there's going to be a late-day drop..

fwiw, i vote against using morning lows.. no real way to verify (6hrs are usually right but not always). just gotta factor in if there's going to be a late-day drop..

it didnt make a difference this time, but it could have....I don't love the idea in the summer of a discrete cell hitting the airport and it dropping to 68.....any heat wave, the last day is usually going to have a cold front...but if I do it again, I will probably do it the same way....whatever the min is, it is....whether it hits in the early morning or not

it didnt make a difference this time, but it could have....I don't love the idea in the summer of a discrete cell hitting the airport and it dropping to 68.....any heat wave, the last day is usually going to have a cold front...but if I do it again, I will probably do it the same way....whatever the min is, it is....whether it hits in the early morning or not

You could always just say the high and low from 12am to 1159pm on that day... that way there is no confusion at all.

In standard time the day goes till 1a I think? I'm not sure what the confusion would be anyway.. Bethesda is a turd.

Yeah I don't know - the forecasting contest I do each semester with my old geog department does it that way. 12am-1159pm, just figured I'd suggest it. :)

Yeah I don't know - the forecasting contest I do each semester with my old geog department does it that way. 12am-1159pm, just figured I'd suggest it. :)

i hear ya.. i guess im just thinking the climo reports give us the high/low for a day and that's the high/low for a day.

Archived