12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Florida Fall/Winter Weather

MJW155

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did the crops fare during the past week. My family loves the OJ and just curious. Thanks

It doesn't seem like the Citrus crop was heavily damaged but they are rushing to get oranges juiced. Other crops have mixed results from what I have read so far. Expect to be paying more for your winter produce in the coming weeks!!:scooter:

If the Christmas storm winds up into a coastal as the 18z GFS suggests, Florida might have another go at frigid temperatures:

Yea, the GFS has been hinting at some colder weather again right after Christmas and Last nights 0Z run had an interesting storm coming out of the Gulf around New Years but that's a long ways off and I am sure much will change. The winter hasn't been boring down here that's for sure.

Caught this little snippet in the Jax AFD.

Climate...so far this month jax has had 12 freezes...which ties the

all-time record for most freezes since Dec 2000. In addition...the

average monthly temperature at jax of 46 degree through Dec 21 is about 10 degree

below the normal. If we continue to see below normal temperatures for the

rest of month...this may go down as the coldest Dec on record.

Almost the same conditions at my house.

11 subfreezing nights and mean temp of 46.6.

By the way I know what I want from Xmas.

SUMMER!!

Caught this little snippet in the Jax AFD.

Climate...so far this month jax has had 12 freezes...which ties the

all-time record for most freezes since Dec 2000. In addition...the

average monthly temperature at jax of 46 degree through Dec 21 is about 10 degree

below the normal. If we continue to see below normal temperatures for the

rest of month...this may go down as the coldest Dec on record.

Almost the same conditions at my house.

11 subfreezing nights and mean temp of 46.6.

By the way I know what I want from Xmas.

SUMMER!!

Yea, the Tampa NWS has also said this could go down as the Coldest December on record for Lakeland. It looks like next weeks cold spell could put us over the top with that record. I am with you hoping to find Summer in my stocking this year!!!:guitar:

It has been very chilly here in Jax since Thanksgiving. I think every day since outside of 3 or so has been below normal. I don't know if we end up the coldest December of all time here but we should probably crack the top 5. Certainly has been much colder than I had expected it would be moving from NYC.

Looks like another good cold shot for Florida. The 850 freezing line makes it down to Lake Okeechobee! I'm heading down to West Palm Beach on Monday, looks like I'm not escaping the cold for a little while longer...

Yes, Looks like a few more nights of Sub- freezing Temps early next week before a warm -up heading into New Years. I hope the warmth decides to stick around!!!:scooter:

Crap. Here we go again. Not even getting out of the 40's today. Plus, that wind today is going to make it feel real cold.

On the plus side got .43 of MUCH needed rain last night.

Same here, I got almost a half inch of much needed rain last night. It's turned colder this morning and the wind has picked up. I see on the Accu WX pro site they are predicting a low of 27 tonight and LOW OF 23 Monday Night for Lakeland~~~:snowman:

I was in Gainesville yesterday morning and saw frozen rain/sleet/ice type thingy. Not sure the exact name since I've never seen winter precip before. I know it wasn't snow...but it was pretty cool anyway.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20101226/ARTICLES/101229695/1169?Title=NWS-confirms-Sunday-morning-snow-flurries-for-Gainesville

I was in Gainesville yesterday morning and saw frozen rain/sleet/ice type thingy. Not sure the exact name since I've never seen winter precip before. I know it wasn't snow...but it was pretty cool anyway.

http://www.gainesvil...for-Gainesville

We had sleet, then real snow for about 15 - 20 minutes at about 8:15 AM, and a few flurries after that until about 1:00 PM. (NW of town).

Made down to 25 Degrees last night according to my weather station here in Lakeland. It looks like one more night of Freezing temps before a warm-up heading into New Years!!!:thumbsup:

I am with you my warm blooded brother :sun: Things are looking up on the Treasure Coast as well after one more night of horse crap cold. All of my palms will need to be replaced as it is. If this kind of cold keeps up every season I will import Oak trees from the NE :lol:

lu.jpg

Archived