• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
5/23 to 5/24 severe Weather. day 1 and 2 slight risk.

NaoPos

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rotation is starting to broaden out over Easton now, but it's certainly not gone yet. Wouldn't be surprised if it spun up again in a frame or two.

Mods: Want to split today;s thread from tomorrow's since today ended up being more eventful than anticipated?

LOL...

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 830 PM EDT FOR SOUTH

CENTRAL NORTHAMPTON...EXTREME WEST CENTRAL HUNTERDON AND SOUTHWESTERN

WARREN COUNTIES...

AT 820 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO

INDICATE A TORNADO. THIS TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR PALMER HEIGHTS...

OR NEAR EASTON...MOVING EAST AT 20 MPH.

Pretty sure I just filmed the center of rotation from my front yard in Palmer. Looked like a rotating wall cloud to my eyes. Appeared to try and dip down a couple times, but nothing truly notable. Wicked rotation, though. Rain inbound now. Still no hail here. Looks like the VIL is coming down, anyway.

hope you got some nice footage

Wife and daughter are in the basement bathroom downstairs in the southern part of Palmer..looks rather interesting on radar down there.

Quieting down here now in the northwest part. Quite a storm. Kinda feel irresponsible not getting my family downstairs, but the kids had just fallen asleep and I was really banking on that looser couplet I saw just before a brief internet blackout (which should have been my cue to go get them, of course).

Sigh. Here's hoping the next one slides further south.

I failed and the storms failed me also. Nothing new. Maybe one day i will have this crap streak end and finally having an amazing winning streak. Enjoy your storms whoever is getting them.

jeez yikes lee, will you get a grip. Its just storms, you act like the world is coming to and end or you just got diagnosed with a disease. You just got done seeing a storm last week where you saw hail and got your lightning. What do you expect every storm to nail you? I think you have been very lucky this year you have had a ton of storms track over you, while some of us haven't Look at the people in jersey, they have been shafted this whole season, not once do you see them whining cause of not getting lightning. Your like the JI of summer, if it doesn't nail you everytime, FAIL

jeez yikes lee, will you get a grip. Its just storms, you act like the world is coming to and end or you just got diagnosed with a disease. You just got done seeing a storm last week where you saw hail and got your lightning. What do you expect every storm to nail you? I think you have been very lucky this year you have had a ton of storms track over you, while some of us haven't Look at the people in jersey, they have been shafted this whole season, not once do you see them whining cause of not getting lightning. Your like the JI of summer, if it doesn't nail you everytime, FAIL

Thanks Tombo - he needed that. Tonight was Northern Lehigh and Northampton County's turn. Tomorrow--- maybe everyones. The radars signatures tonight are impressive in western Pa, and this airmass will be over us tomorrow. I would personally like to see training thunderstorms tomorrow but the flooding damage would be incredible and would not wish this on anyone. I think we have a good chance of both severe weather with tornadoes and training thunderstorms tommorrow. As I stated in my earlier post, we will meet my criteria of 85 degrees and high soil moisture with strong south and sw winds for producing severe weather. Tonight was just just the beginning. The severe pattern will continue to shift more east and north in the upcoming weeks---hopefully not like Joplin.

Thanks Tombo - he needed that. Tonight was Northern Lehigh and Northampton County's turn. Tomorrow--- maybe everyones. The radars signatures tonight are impressive in western Pa, and this airmass will be over us tomorrow. I would personally like to see training thunderstorms tomorrow but the flooding damage would be incredible and would not wish this on anyone. I think we have a good chance of both severe weather with tornadoes and training thunderstorms tommorrow. As I stated in my earlier post, we will meet my criteria of 85 degrees and high soil moisture with strong south and sw winds for producing severe weather. Tonight was just just the beginning. The severe pattern will continue to shift more east and north in the upcoming weeks---hopefully not like Joplin.

Nah, it would be really rare for here to have an outbreak like Joplin's. I feel terrible for that town - and it makes me feel lucky we don't get a lot of tornadoes here. The big ones are even more uncommon. There may be severe weather, but I'm hoping for no widespread.

Nah, it would be really rare for here to have an outbreak like Joplin's. I feel terrible for that town - and it makes me feel lucky we don't get a lot of tornadoes here. The big ones are even more uncommon. There may be severe weather, but I'm hoping for no widespread.

It's nearly impossible to get a disaster like Joplin in the Northeast. The conditions are never right here for the widespread tornado outbreaks we see in the Plains a few times per year. That's one of the benefits of living here - you can root for severe weather without getting too worried. :)

looks like 2-5, 3-6 PM for thunderstorms if the models are right....

downer is surface/low level winds will be more westerly than south-southwesterly....decent dynamics aloft but the low level could make storms more scattered...

downer is surface/low level winds will be more westerly than south-southwesterly....decent dynamics aloft but the low level could make storms more scattered...

Yeah, not really expecting a whole lot here. Maybe an isolated tree down or something, but nothing huge.

Yeah, not really expecting a whole lot here. Maybe an isolated tree down or something, but nothing huge.

I would just like a good ole' fashion light show :thumbsup:

anybody wanting some good action, follow the western forum( unfortunately).. i'll be over there

I would just like a good ole' fashion light show :thumbsup:

anybody wanting some good action, follow the western forum( unfortunately).. i'll be over there

I am with you on that. I know i got that storm last week over in Upper Darby with the pea and nickle sized hail, but few lightning strikes. This year I am now off to my worst amount of filming ever out of the past 4 years and i thought last year was the worst so far this year is turning out even worse. And to top it off I lost all my filming and footage from the past 2 years on my computer finally taking a crap on me and crashing, the HD crashed and then the motherboard finally went also. So this royally sucks I lost all my DX'ing footage also from last year and the year before also. I am on a hot streak of crap in the face type of thing. I have to save up money to build a new computer. All of the ones i have now but for my laptop are pretty much on their way to being door stops. So hopefully today i can grab some lightning shots. This year I can count how many bolts i got with both hands meaning i got 9 bolts this year not 10 yet. And the models have backed off anything here but for the LV and down towards west of DC Even NYC gets into the action, so I am gonna take some time today leave work to get gas in my car to make sure if i have to go out on a chase i can without a problem or worrying about running out of gas, the nice thing i do have is i have ezpass so that helps with the toll sections.

yea it looks pretty scattered the storms, but the ones that do form can be severe.

yea it looks pretty scattered the storms, but the ones that do form can be severe.

all I want is the sun to come out. If a storm forms, its like icing on the cake. No south to sw winds is a real bummer for real good severe development. I will take what storms form. Like others- I miss the lighting show the most and of course training t-storms.

all I want is the sun to come out. If a storm forms, its like icing on the cake. No south to sw winds is a real bummer for real good severe development. I will take what storms form. Like others- I miss the lighting show the most and of course training t-storms.

I have filtered sun right now here in Ardmore,Pa. Maybe it can do the trick.

83.1/65 here

that's juicy!

SBCAPE is slow to build in so far, and MLCAPE is pathetic suggesting that the instability is rather shallow at the surface, LCL's are a bit high (~1250) but coming down (were near ~1750 this morning). ML lapse rates are pathetic, Low level rates are pretty good (over 7.5)

the HRRR doesn't have anything initializing down here through at least 23z, and the SPC's latest MD says WW issuance is unlikely, only a 20% chance by 20z. Along with the westerly winds, this does not look like our day.

Tornado confirmed yesterday

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

210 PM EDT TUE MAY 24 2011

...TORNADO CONFIRMED NEAR FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP IN CARBON COUNTY

PENNSYLVANIA...

LOCATION...FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP IN CARBON COUNTY PENNSYLVANIA

DATE...5/23/11

ESTIMATED TIME...725 PM EDT

MAXIMUM EF-SCALE RATING...EF0

ESTIMATED MAXIMUM WIND SPEED...75 MPH

MAXIMUM PATH WIDTH...50 YARDS