Newest Member
    joxey
Severe weather threat on Tuesday?

weatherwiz

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you going just for the day Fri?

Yeah, we'd probably leave early in the morning...probably by 6-7 AM and go to a library or someplace that has wireless internet and go wherever we need to go when storms fire. We'd be coming back whenever the storms are done. Going to be a long and exhausting day...but hopefully it works out.

Yeah, we'd probably leave early in the morning...probably by 6-7 AM and go to a library or someplace that has wireless internet and go wherever we need to go when storms fire. We'd be coming back whenever the storms are done. Going to be a long and exhausting day...but hopefully it works out.

Oh no, I have to work til 1 pm on Fri. Hopefully something pops here.

I doubt we end up seeing a watch...severe threat is going to be pretty damn low today, instability is only modest and shear has decreased and lapse rates suck.

Sounds like the typical marginal threat here...or even worse. Probably a few popcorn storms from the sfc heating, but hard to get any of them severe.

:lol: You can't compare the Plains to here. It's like comparing the Hartford little league team to the Red Sox or Yankees.

The problem with that train of thought is , the Hartford Little League team is not going to beat the Red Sox and Yankees in a major league 9 -inning game. Impossibility.

But we CAN technically get a plains-like thunderstorm here in NE, once in a blue moon.

Much the same argument can be made for hurricanes compared to tropical regions. No we don't hit quite as hard and not nearly as often, but once in a great while we do get obliterated.

Sounds like the typical marginal threat here...or even worse. Probably a few popcorn storms from the sfc heating, but hard to get any of them severe.

Just as I type that the mesoanalysis updated and things got a bit more unstable :arrowhead:

It's probably going to be really hard to get any severe today...we'll see a few reports but there really isn't much to get the storms to acquire strong enough updrafts.

I think any reports we see will be wind and no hail reports (maybe pea)

Just as I type that the mesoanalysis updated and things got a bit more unstable :arrowhead:

It's probably going to be really hard to get any severe today...we'll see a few reports but there really isn't much to get the storms to acquire strong enough updrafts.

I think any reports we see will be wind and no hail reports (maybe pea)

There will probably not be one single report. If so, maybe an estimated wind report or something like that..meh.

Archived