• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
May Snow...Next week?

WilkesboroDude

we've got a slow moving front that will be slowly moving east and eventually closing off. Where it closes off makes the difference, right now the GFS says near WVA and the PA region , but the NAM is faster with it. I like the looks of GFS most since its 12z run, either way, big rain event once again west of the Apps,a nd it has maybe an inch in the NC region with much more over the mid Atlantic and Northeast where the closing off draws in plenty of atlantic moisture. I'd say best chance for any flakes would be the mtns of Wva, but shouldn't be much other than token mention. If the GFS begins to close off much more strongly like the NAM then it would change to something more substantial but the GFS is on a hot streak lately and its close to 72 hours from when the closing off is, so it wouild be quite a miss for it at this range. The cold is going to take hold in the Northeast at the end of this week though for sure.

GSP...

OTHER THAN SLIGHT CHANCE (UPSLOPE/WRAP-AROUND) POPS ALONG THE TENN

BORDER...WEDNESDAY/S FORECAST IS DRY...IN COLD ADVECTIVE/DRYING NW

FLOW. MAX TEMPS WILL ALSO BE QUITE COOL...ALMOST 10 DEGREES BELOW

NORMAL IN MOST AREAS DESPITE MOSTLY SUNNY SKIES. THERE COULD EVEN BE

SOME HIGH ELEVATION FLURRIES ALONG THE TENN BORDER.

Of course Im going to the Pkwy at 6053' Wednesday morning. Would love to catch some May token flakes!!!

Of course Im going to the Pkwy at 6053' Wednesday morning. Would love to catch some May token flakes!!!

I think its a good chance of occurring now. By Wed. morning the cold advection is strong and a moderate/strong s/w swings into sw VA and is accompanied by enough moisture and just cold enough at 5000 feet for snow. Both GFS and NAM have it now, so some upslope snow showers are in order for most of Wednesday.

post-38-0-28108400-1304344103.gif

post-38-0-00159100-1304344111.gif

post-38-0-80684600-1304344116.gif

I remember the almost 60" of snow in May at Mt. Pisgah in 1992... We got a dusting where I lived in Transylvania County. We went up the mountain the night it started to see it and played for a while, then had hot chocolate and pie at the Inn. It was so surreal!

A few token flakes here early this morning. A pretty raw and nasty day for May.

Temp - 36.6 (High 43.7)

Partly Cloudy

Wind - 13/23

that makes 8 consecutive months of snow in the air for you. Tired of it yet? Whats your personal record on consecutive months of snow (even flurries) while there? I'm guessing Sept-May, so maybe 9 months?

that makes 8 consecutive months of snow in the air for you. Tired of it yet? Whats your personal record on consecutive months of snow (even flurries) while there? I'm guessing Sept-May, so maybe 9 months?

I move to Salter Path in 16 days, 16 hours, and 13 minutes. The incarnation of Joe "Buffett" has already begun.. :thumbsup:

Archived