• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
April 1-3 Late Season Threat

Ralph Wiggum

I just said the EC is a torch not unlike the GFS, I didn't say everything the EC does this run is like the GFS. A big difference this run versus previous EC runs is that (for the first time I believe) the EC brings 850s several degrees above freezing right overtop of I-95.

Actually 12 Z ECM had the 850s at 0 to +5 at 66 hrs over that region... then they crashed (at least the 6 hr increments i have)

And I know Ray just explaining why its different from the GFS and earlier run at 12 Z ..i could have done the same thing for ABE etc just i saw TTN mentioned and figured i would just use that as a base instead of my area ...:)

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again, the talk is all about I-95. Now I know that this is generally a Philly sub-forum, but there are those of us who live well away from I-95 that follow the analysis here. What is the general consensus for well inland, and elevation areas to the north and west? Rain, snow, slop, or not much of anything?

Once again, the talk is all about I-95. Now I know that this is generally a Philly sub-forum, but there are those of us who live well away from I-95 that follow the analysis here. What is the general consensus for well inland, and elevation areas to the north and west? Rain, snow, slop, or not much of anything?

If the GFS is right you are rain changing to wet snow. I would *think* a few inches can't be ruled out up your way...more in the Poconos (east of 476) than for you.

FYI: 6z GFS just came in much faster, with the event starting Thursday midday/PM and not Thursday night...seems there are a lot of issues with the storm intensification and how/when it fires up in the Carolinas.

Actually 12 Z ECM had the 850s at 0 to +5 at 66 hrs over that region... then they crashed (at least the 6 hr increments i have)

And I know Ray just explaining why its different from the GFS and earlier run at 12 Z ..i could have done the same thing for ABE etc just i saw TTN mentioned and figured i would just use that as a base instead of my area ...:)

do you always have to nit pick over everything? The point is its a rainstorm mainly, who cares if ther 850s are +5 or +105, its rain.

The farther north you are, the better. It looks like the deformation band really starts cranking once you get north of Allentown

what does everyone think of the winter storm watches issued for 5-10 inches for northern new jersey :yikes:

Based on model trends and what happen last week with snow north of about I-78 in Jersey, they do stand the best shot a seeing accumulating snow again across this subforums region. North Jersey and the Poconos, make sense this time of year.

Sorry, IMBY'ness+laziness kicking in... plus general hoping on my part that I don't have to stay up Thursday night watching this thing ;)

Honestly, with the large model differences, I'm not sure what to think up there. Some snow seems likely... just not sure how much.

BTW, no one seems to be mentioning the potential the GFS is now showing on Saturday morning... the trailing piece may be what finally gets accumulating snow to PHL metro.

One thing I noted about all my April archive events is, with one exception, 1000-500 mb thicknesses were 534 DM or lower. The first two waves seem to have no hope of being that cold right now no matter what model you're looking at, at least in (I know, I know) PHL metro ;)

BTW, no one seems to be mentioning the potential the GFS is now showing on Saturday morning... the trailing piece may be what finally gets accumulating snow to PHL metro.

I mentioned this yesterday, but right now the GFS is farther north than the other models. The GGEM last night kept us dry, the NAM at 6z only brings <0.10" in. Onething though, it will be cold enough behind the main storm, so it's probably the best shot we have right now.

I mentioned this yesterday, but right now the GFS is farther north than the other models. The GGEM last night kept us dry, the NAM at 6z only brings <0.10" in. Onething though, it will be cold enough behind the main storm, so it's probably the best shot we have right now.

Bingo.

NAM actuallt gives us snow Friday morning, despite the Coastal still going way OTS. Cold enough except for the surface, which is slightly warm (34° or so) at 48. By 51, however, the surface torches.

It seems like the NAM is starting to lean toward the GFS. It'll be interesting to see if the GFS holds serve.

Pattern is still too progressive with the ridging out west allowing no chance for this area. Bring on the 60's and 70's b/c cold rain is about as fun as taxes! Of course I have opening day Phils tix which should be rather miserable inclining me to inibriate myself in order to numb the effects of the weather.

Pattern is still too progressive with the ridging out west allowing no chance for this area. Bring on the 60's and 70's b/c cold rain is about as fun as taxes! Of course I have opening day Phils tix which should be rather miserable inclining me to inibriate myself in order to numb the effects of the weather.

That is never advised. :thumbsdown:

Oh and the 12z RGEM is in the sweet spot but the 850mb line runs N-S just west of Philly.

Archived