joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 9-10 Rainy Obs Thread

jonjon

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only had a storm total of 1.54" for Mar 9-11 here in Gaithersburg. Didn't observe any flooding locally, but thenagain my usual routes and home are not in flood-prone areas. Seneca Creek about a mile up the road, and usually floods around Dawsonville and closer to the Potomac, mostly in very rural, forested areas. Some road cuts across 28 and esp. 107 tend to flood.

Yeah I know you weren't arguing..I just found it a little crazy we're now getting that upset about not getting 4 " of rain :lol:

I know what you mean lol - it takes a lot to please us weather weenies :lol:

look i've been a bit irritable lately, lost a close family member. it was a bad time for the dc-split.

i apologize and will tone it down.

No worries. You're just a weather weenie that's still young - we were all there. Hope everything starts to improve over there. Just try not to post if you think you're going to transfer your irritable feelings to others. It's not really a fair thing to do.

Oh and as has been demonstrated in the past - don't post when you're sick either :hug:

No worries. You're just a weather weenie that's still young - we were all there. Hope everything starts to improve over there. Just try not to post if you think you're going to transfer your irritable feelings to others. It's not really a fair thing to do.

Oh and as has been demonstrated in the past - don't post when you're sick either :hug:

will do, thx

anyway, ended up reaching 62 degrees today, very nice outside. Got some of the sping yard cleanup done, its still quite a mess though.

Anyone know where I can buy cheap Mulch?

look i've been a bit irritable lately, lost a close family member. it was a bad time for the dc-split.

i apologize and will tone it down.

Sorry for your loss. I am not holding a grudge over you. If you thought that my comment the other day was malicious, then I am sorry for that as well. I was only poking fun.

As for the weather, why don't you, or anyone else who sees this post, start a new Mid Atlantic Obs/Disco thread. We probably would be better off to have it and close this one and the one I started ( "Look Ahead" ). Nothing big seems to be coming up, and I miss the old Obs/Disco threads.

Sorry for your loss. I am not holding a grudge over you. If you thought that my comment the other day was malicious, then I am sorry for that as well. I was only poking fun.

As for the weather, why don't you, or anyone else who sees this post, start a new Mid Atlantic Obs/Disco thread. We probably would be better off to have it and close this one and the one I started ( "Look Ahead" ). Nothing big seems to be coming up, and I miss the old Obs/Disco threads.

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/15295-baltimoredc-observations-thread/

Not sure if I should post this in a new thread, but it kinda relates to this storms rain...but here is a picture from yesterday (Saturday, March 12) of the Potomac River with super high levels. I took this from one of the overlooks along the GW while heading home yesterday. I didn't spend a lot of time getting pictures of the flooding...but here is one (I'll try to post more).

post-86-0-16149900-1300052540.jpg

This picture was taken at the pull off at the access point from VA over the pedestrian bridge (in the background) over to T.Roosevelt Island & Memorial Park along the Potomac River. Obvious high water level from those that are family with this spot. I would guess about 4 to 6 feet above normal here.

post-86-0-39970800-1300054148.jpg

Archived