Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 10-11 Storm

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

steady snow at the moment. OL, when do you expect the heaviest snow? Overnight?

i dont think there will be any particular time that stands out, it should be steady snow of varying intensities, sometimes heavier than others....as this isnt so much a strong well organized surface storm as it is a dying primary that sends WAA over a 1050mb high in quebec.....

Checking back in on the wintry threat on the backside of this system, the GFS has joined forces with the solutions that have been on the Euro / NAM for the past few days, and it now looks like there is going to be an even higher bounty on the line as far as accumulations go than I first expected. Looks like a great shot for widespread 6+ underneath what should be a rather robust deformation axis beginning late Thursday Night and continuing thru Friday into early Saturday Morning.

I was hoping the earlier solutions that favored W NY for the highest totals would come to fruition as a means of justice for getting screwed on the Sunday / Monday storm, but it appears as though W NY will on the outside looking in... again, this time from the east. Still time for things to adjust, but it looks like the eastern 1 / 4 of OH... and perhaps far W PA... stands to get rocked from this.

i dont think there will be any particular time that stands out, it should be steady snow of varying intensities, sometimes heavier than others....as this isnt so much a strong well organized surface storm as it is a dying primary that sends WAA over a 1050mb high in quebec.....

We're getting bombed with snow right now, with strong easterly winds blowing it all around. Despite the upcoming rain, this snow will add to our seasonal totals. We might not finish far from average when all is said and done.

Very disappointed to wake up and only find a dusting. And looking at Intellicast radar, I would have bet a week's pay that we'd have something of substance on the ground at this time. :angry:

Oh well, with all the water and warmth on the way, it probably doesn't matter much in the end.

31.8* and a light mix of sleet and freezing rain.

I look on this storm as symbolic of the time of year. The heavy snow was winter's last hurrah - the rain moving in is symbolic of the approach of spring. I'm so glad I don't live by a river. I don't know if, when Ottawa people have ever driven down Highway 416, they ever see a house right on the edge of the Rideau River. Looks picturesque in summer and fall, but must be a nightmare at this time of year with rising water levels.

I tend to agree.. This storm is one of winters last hurrahs, unfortunately! I'm not a fan of the heat and humidity of summer, so come May I'll be counting down the days until November.. In the meantime I'll be hoping for 1 or 2 more snowstorms, before we call it a season..

Still light rain falling at the moment, but there are some flakes mixing in..

Cheers,

Scratch

we didnt do so well over here in the west end, maybe about 4 inches / 10cm

switchover to liquid came as early as possible. :thumbsdown:

Yup, agreed.. It would have been nice if the cold air would have stuck around a bit longer.. Our snowpack is gonna take a hit, and things are gonna be looking ugly 'round here..

Cheers,

Scratch

Nice storm...got a fair amount of snow, I'd say between 6-9 inches, probably more. I am curious to see what the airport reports! Three decent storms in the past 2 weeks...not bad!

Accuweather and TWN both busted in their predictions. But really, TWN can only forecast for one city, and that is Toronto. For them, Canada is Toronto surrounded by a large land mass. And Accuweather....well....I'd rather trust a forecast made by a soothsayer reading the entrails of a fish than Accuweather.

Pity the snow couldn't last longer. Rain! Huh! Good god y'all! What is good for...absolutely nothing!

Nice storm...got a fair amount of snow, I'd say between 6-9 inches, probably more. I am curious to see what the airport reports! Three decent storms in the past 2 weeks...not bad!

Accuweather and TWN both busted in their predictions. But really, TWN can only forecast for one city, and that is Toronto. For them, Canada is Toronto surrounded by a large land mass. And Accuweather....well....I'd rather trust a forecast made by a soothsayer reading the entrails of a fish than Accuweather.

Pity the snow couldn't last longer. Rain! Huh! Good god y'all! What is good for...absolutely nothing!

:lmao:

storm generally went as expected......5-10 inches across the ottawa valley and 4-8 across montreal region.

funny thing is models indicated these types of ranges for days without budging....so one of the more straightforward call of the year.

I tend to agree.. This storm is one of winters last hurrahs, unfortunately! I'm not a fan of the heat and humidity of summer, so come May I'll be counting down the days until November.. In the meantime I'll be hoping for 1 or 2 more snowstorms, before we call it a season..

Still light rain falling at the moment, but there are some flakes mixing in..

Cheers,

Scratch

do you remember that storm at the end of april last year? EC has 30cm of accumulation in montreal.....now why on heck do i not remember that???:lmao:

Archived