Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The Look Ahead Thread

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's it looking like over the next two weeks to a month guys? Can we get by without any freezing temps?

Looks near or above avg in the means next 10 days, though that can still mean a crap day or two. Even the "cool" days look to be 60+ though, but rain can lower that a bit. We're done here with freezing for sure IMO though maybe someone in elevation nw can still do it? Doesnt look like any right away.. late April is prob tough for most.

Looks near or above avg in the means next 10 days, though that can still mean a crap day or two. Even the "cool" days look to be 60+ though, but rain can lower that a bit. We're done here with freezing for sure IMO though maybe someone in elevation nw can still do it? Doesnt look like any right away.. late April is prob tough for most.

Hope you're right about those freezing temps. We had a heavy frost here in Winchester last year around May 10. It didn't do any damage that I remember. I've got a few shrubs that I planted last summer that have a had a really hard time surviving this winter. The last thing they need is to put out new leaves and then get hit with a freeze.

Hope you're right about those freezing temps. We had a heavy frost here in Winchester last year around May 10. It didn't do any damage that I remember. I've got a few shrubs that I planted last summer that have a had a really hard time surviving this winter. The last thing they need is to put out new leaves and then get hit with a freeze.

well, dont take my word for it. if you guys can get a frost into may then i guess it's possible. dc is done unless we tie/set a new DCA record for latest freeze which seems unlikely. but.. i dont see any freezes around the area at all out to day 10 right now. euro is mild to warm for the whole period. still some uncertainty with the nao in about 7-10 days..

well, dont take my word for it. if you guys can get a frost into may then i guess it's possible. dc is done unless we tie/set a new DCA record for latest freeze which seems unlikely. but.. i dont see any freezes around the area at all out to day 10 right now. euro is mild to warm for the whole period. still some uncertainty with the nao in about 7-10 days..

You guys have all that stored heat in the pavement and concrete that builds up from the high sun angle. I really don't see us getting a freeze, just from the quick glances I've taken at the models. It is a bit of a concern until the end of the month though. If it wasn't for my plantings, I wouldn't care. When I lived down in Wise Co, at 2500 feet, I always waited until June to plant a garden. I've seen many frosts there, well, 7 or 8 in 45 years, in early June. In 01 or 02 or 03, can't remember exactly, I planted tomato plants on Friday, around May 21, and on Monday morning they were black and laying on the ground because of a freeze. But at that elevation, its a different world.

Any long range signals for what summer might bring?

Archived