• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 12-15 Upstate NY / North Country LES / Clipper Impacts

CNYWxGuy

yes but at least we got about 3-4 inches of snow, at least we did here on the west end.

ice pellets now at the airport, and the kitchen sink

I think the drop in temp is just starting here in the west end of Ottawa..gone from +2.7 c to +2.0 in the last 20 or 30 minutes...although the RH is still at 98%..cyow is reporting +2.1 c with 93% RH.....I think my peak here was +2.9 c mid morning.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes but at least we got about 3-4 inches of snow, at least we did here on the west end.

ice pellets now at the airport, and the kitchen sink

True, but I always hate seeing rain falling after we've received some snow.. It's the way I'm put together.. ;-)

Anyways, we're back to snow, and the temperature is down to 28.. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Scratch

True, but I always hate seeing rain falling after we've received some snow.. It's the way I'm put together.. ;-)

Anyways, we're back to snow, and the temperature is down to 28.. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Scratch

yeah this event worked out well for us.

everyone in this regional forum got warm sectored except for us.

in terms of temp profiles and 'angle of the cold' lol, this was one of the wierdest clippers ive seen.

It looks like the cold front is starting to move through....strong winds blowing from the north, and temperatures plummeting. Ahhhhh how I love the weather in Ottawa... Too mild at +3c you say? Just wait an hour and it's back to winter.... :)

yeah its actually a pretty impressive front, temp wise.

SubZ do you think you picked up 5cm of snow/slush in this out where you are?

yeah this event worked out well for us.

everyone in this regional forum got warm sectored except for us.

in terms of temp profiles and 'angle of the cold' lol, this was one of the wierdest clippers ive seen.

Ya, especially with what happened in Ottawa with this system, it's rather mind blowing..

I'm amazed with what I consider to be a sub par year for us snow wise, we've received 65'ish inches of snow so far..

What a strange winter this has been, ah?

Cheers,

Scratch

Ya, especially with what happened in Ottawa with this system, it's rather mind blowing..

I'm amazed with what I consider to be a sub par year for us snow wise, we've received 65'ish inches of snow so far..

What a strange winter this has been, ah?

Cheers,

Scratch

we've done ok.

not great certainly, but at least better than in ottawa.

fortunately, the whole area has been able to build a respectable snowcover.

you are in city right? how much snowcover is there?

i always finds Dorval to be so misrepresentative.

i have about 2 feet now, here in the burbs.

yeah its actually a pretty impressive front, temp wise.

SubZ do you think you picked up 5cm of snow/slush in this out where you are?

I'd say so. It snowed (very wet snow) most if this am before changing over to rain. I just drive from Orleans to Kanata, the 417 is very slippery!!! Be careful out there!

Southern Jefferson and extreme Northern Lewis Counties. Right now I'm in ART the roads are a mess....I would say 1/2 to an inch as fallen.

ART is Watertown right? Pretty amazing location you live in snow-wise. Did they finally get all the construction on Arsenal Street done? :lol:

Still only -0.2C at my place.

Serious question OB. Worst winter ever for Ottawa?

well, it won't be this one. We've got a decent snowpack here and had a reasonable cold period in January.

1952-53 was pretty bad, as was 1931-32. Recently, I'd have to say 2001-2002 and maybe 2009-2010.

Of course if by worst you mean the coldest, snowiest winter, it would likely be 1933-34 hands down.

we've done ok.

not great certainly, but at least better than in ottawa.

fortunately, the whole area has been able to build a respectable snowcover.

you are in city right? how much snowcover is there?

i always finds Dorval to be so misrepresentative.

i have about 2 feet now, here in the burbs.

Downtown it's a bit less than what you have.. I would guess anywhere between 16 and 18 inches of snow.. I'm just hoping that the torch and the rain forecasted for later this week doesn't obliterate our snowpack.. Here's hoping, ah?

Cheers,

Scratch

Definitely I nice turn around here. 5F this morning -> that is about 40 degrees colder than yesterday at this time. :) Too bad it gets ugly again Thursday/Friday, but early next week holds some overunning snow promise.

Downtown it's a bit less than what you have.. I would guess anywhere between 16 and 18 inches of snow.. I'm just hoping that the torch and the rain forecasted for later this week doesn't obliterate our snowpack.. Here's hoping, ah?

Cheers,

Scratch

Definitely I nice turn around here. 5F this morning -> that is about 40 degrees colder than yesterday at this time. :) Too bad it gets ugly again Thursday/Friday, but early next week holds some overunning snow promise.

Events like the one modeled for next week always seem to trend warmer, and ultimately end up warmer than modeled. Saturday would be a good time to start looking at the models again.

Archived