• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
GREETINGS!

Parsley

What was the reason(s) for splitting into another subforum? I think we are dividing this forum to much. I guess on the flip-side, this subforum is more or less covering my CWA, but still means more work to follow other interested discussions/reports. I guess I should let it play out to see how it works.

Totally agree. The split is a dreadful move. I did not like the whole subforum idea to begin with....I miss ORHWxman and so many others though they were not focused on my backyard. Going to their subforum is NOT the same. I must confess, though, that over time I have warmed some to a regionalized subforum...but now we are entering the theater of the absurd. Why not a West Central NJ subforum? Pretty soon, I'll be posting only with my neighbors. What's the point.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NE PA and Delaware might as well be on different continents when it comes to winter weather. NE PA is more like SNE and fits in better with the NYC crowd. But i get why one would want to stay with the Philly crowd.

But the Poconos are in the Mt. Holly FA. Rest of NEPA should be in too, but nope, we're stuck with BGM.

I do not like the split. It has become difficult and time consuming enough to filter through and find good information/posts on all the different forums. Why exactly was this split needed?

I for one will not be posting everything twice even if I believe it has meaning to the PHL area too..This is becoming too much guys, in my opinion.

"Spreading the Mets thinner" is a good way to put it.

Agreed. I imagine most of the people who don't like the split are from NJ. No offense to the Philly and NYC posters, but NJ has gotten the shaft on everything for far longer than either city. We still don't even have our own TV stations and most radio stations are either Philly or NYC centric, so we're always treated like 2nd class citizens. It's part of the reason NJ has always had an inferiority complex and has been the butt of tons of jokes (many self-inflicted, lol, but not all).

Having said all that, though, the biggest problem with this site, for me, is not having non-regional meteorologist-only threads for storm/model analysis. No offense to 90% of the posters here (including me), but I don't want to read through 50 "how much for..." or "the NAM is always overdone" or "storm cancel - we're gonna get dry-slotted" posts in order to find the nuggets that are worth reading. I'd also want the mods to allow a few non-red-taggers to post in these threads (i.e., some of the top-notch play-by-play guys and a few other civilians who have proven their value). I'd just love to see a thread with all quality posts about every aspect of the storm, with no geographical limitations, i.e., not having the threads in regional subfora, but in the main site page - this would give readers a view of the evolutoin of the entire storm and its impacts throughout its geographic reach, all in one thread.

In addition, I'd much rather not have the regional subfora, but simply have regionally titled obs and banter threads for each storm on the main page - in this way, for example, for a given storm, we'd have the pro met thread and maybe 5-6 regional obs threads and 5-6 regional banter threads, such that there'd be about a dozen active threads per major storm and there's usually only one active storm at a time anyway, so it would be awesome for users, not having to have multiple windows open to follow everything related to a storm. Of course, that's just my opinion....

it all stems down to the fact that we dont give a rats arse about how NYC is receiving a historic 24"+ storm while we get 6" and all of the ZOMG snowmageddon posts (I'd assume vice versa)...uber jealous I suppose

that and the threads become NYC-based anyways with a few comments here and there from folks in other areas

someone should prob let hurricane know about the philly area being divided. I know its on the main forum, but the philly thread isnt in the drop down menu yet.

BUMP

Can one of the mods ask the correct person to add the Philly area regional subforum to the drop-down menu? It doesn't appear in the Eastern Throwback mode.

Agreed. I imagine most of the people who don't like the split are from NJ. No offense to the Philly and NYC posters, but NJ has gotten the shaft on everything for far longer than either city. We still don't even have our own TV stations and most radio stations are either Philly or NYC centric, so we're always treated like 2nd class citizens. It's part of the reason NJ has always had an inferiority complex and has been the butt of tons of jokes (many self-inflicted, lol, but not all).

Having said all that, though, the biggest problem with this site, for me, is not having non-regional meteorologist-only threads for storm/model analysis. No offense to 90% of the posters here (including me), but I don't want to read through 50 "how much for..." or "the NAM is always overdone" or "storm cancel - we're gonna get dry-slotted" posts in order to find the nuggets that are worth reading. I'd also want the mods to allow a few non-red-taggers to post in these threads (i.e., some of the top-notch play-by-play guys and a few other civilians who have proven their value). I'd just love to see a thread with all quality posts about every aspect of the storm, with no geographical limitations, i.e., not having the threads in regional subfora, but in the main site page - this would give readers a view of the evolutoin of the entire storm and its impacts throughout its geographic reach, all in one thread.

In addition, I'd much rather not have the regional subfora, but simply have regionally titled obs and banter threads for each storm on the main page - in this way, for example, for a given storm, we'd have the pro met thread and maybe 5-6 regional obs threads and 5-6 regional banter threads, such that there'd be about a dozen active threads per major storm and there's usually only one active storm at a time anyway, so it would be awesome for users, not having to have multiple windows open to follow everything related to a storm. Of course, that's just my opinion....

Good post. Especially for our area, Monmouth/Middlesex counties, we're within the Mt. Holly CWA, but much closer to NYC geographically and tend to post more in that region. The sub-forums wasn't a bad idea, but I agree that this is a bit much now. We have a sub forum for two seperate metro areas, whereas every other sub-forum region is much larger than ours. Folks will point to population density differences, but still, for the most part, PHL and NYC experience similar weather and it's easier to see what's going on w/ them in the same forum. It was great to have everyone's ideas in the PHL/NYC region in the same forum.

Archived