Jump to content

Scuddz

Meteorologist
  • Posts

    2,973
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Scuddz

  1. Its starting to dry out a bit by that time but before that it's NOICE.
  2. Next you're going to try and take credit for the theory of gravity...
  3. for the ice? Or their houses?
  4. Gonna have to hope for that. Cracked the S* out of my shovel clearing ice from sidewalks around the neighborhood since my neighbors are a bunch of uppity F*s who'd rather just complain about the HOA not coming to clean them on facebook, than spend 10 min to do it themselves.
  5. I'm not sure if you are aware, but, we just recently release a well thought out and user-friendly brand-spanking-new radar website...
  6. More like 5-8" and you'd be lucky to accumulate more than 3 unless you manage to hang onto some of the current snowpack in the coming days.
  7. bracketed by bands but nothing here but flurries all morning. Definitely going to be in a local minimum once this is all mapped out. Still enough to go sled with the kiddos though.
  8. Just came in from frolicking with the kiddos. A good 1/4" of ice coating the top of the snow. 75% FZRA 25% Sleet as of 5 min ago near Arundel Mills
  9. 1-2% dendrites mixing in with the snow grains now. #Progress
  10. small flakes falling near Arundel Mills. Kids are all a-tizzy
  11. Don't threaten me with a good time....
  12. I've seen enough storms here to know that unless there's a glaring reason to say otherwise, I'm putting my money somewhere along a line fron Sterling to Cockeysville.
  13. It's crossed my mind multiple times. Right now it's 50/50: "EHRMYGERD SNOW!" and "Stupid weatherman didn't say it was going to be windy and now my garbage is 3 doors down and blowing everwhere"
  14. My neighborhood facebook group is a nightmare right now with this storm. I've been here two years and not announced myself as a meteorologist to anyone I don't hang out with regularly. I might have to this time.
  15. I saw the Mapgirl ALEET on twitter and I. AM. HERE. FOR. IT.
  16. I just need somebody to know the massive amount of willpower it has taken me the past few days NOT to tweet this from the big account...
  17. More than I ever wanted to, that's for sure
  18. Congratulations on googling "can satellites see through clouds" However, active sensors like sentinel and radarsat use active radar that doesn't interact with water vapor and can see through to the earth's surface at a very high resolution (1M - 100M) which is why they can used to chart polar sea ice, land use, etc. edit: Dick
×
×
  • Create New...