Jump to content

powderfreak

Members
  • Posts

    84,994
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by powderfreak

  1. Got 32F here. Third frost of the season.
  2. Ok so it's hitting dew or small items at the surface. Is it any object, like houses, trees, etc? Or is it stuff that's very small, certain size and characteristics that are similar to hydrometeors? Sorry if I'm being dense, want to really wrap my head around this once and for all .
  3. Ok, that makes sense. So the beam isn’t really hitting anything per se.
  4. There’s something about fall golf that does it for me. The course is usually in the best shape of the season, and the leaves are great when still on the trees, ha. Hitting a ball into leaves, no bueno. Im playing a charity event at the Stowe Mountain Course on Tuesday, can’t wait. It’s the one time of year I get out on that track. Probably going to be frigid with those 850s.
  5. I’ve been in this game too long to not fully grasp what ground clutter is… can you give me the digest version of it? What’s the beam hitting?
  6. Glad we don’t live there. Not sure any forecast would call this partly/mostly cloudy anywhere though.
  7. I feel like that was a Will/ORH thing… comfortable weather for business suits in Boston with blue skis and brochure weather. I don’t know but I feel like Will had something to do with that one.
  8. What a morning. Backyard view coming along.
  9. Tuesday looks like a chilly time to do it, ha.
  10. C’mon, 45F with no shot of snow isn’t that stressful
  11. I’ve long thought if you wanted a poster child for warming, BTV is it. Before the new normals came out, it felt like every month started at +2 as a baseline. The place just doesn’t cool off at night anymore for the most part.
  12. I noticed they go bananas after those couple cool, frosty mornings like a week ago? Forget when that was but it was like 3-4 days of sun, high diurnal swings and frosty valleys. Immediately after that the leaves went nuts up here.
  13. It’s pretty nuts in person… just acres over acres of vivid color. Coming along nicely at home, too.
  14. 70/59… feels warm out there. Saw some sun this morning but now clouded over again. Foliage on fire.
  15. The foliage is firing as we head into October.
  16. My retinas hurt yesterday… the clouds just had the place glowing neon. The reds were hard for the camera to deal with they were so blown out.
  17. High of 56F, with mist… but foliage around the house is really starting to come along.
  18. Playing devils advocate, wouldn’t the current environment of hyping up weather events lead to increased “hits” in forecasting high-end wx events? It is incredibly hard for an event to “sneak up” on society these days.
×
×
  • Create New...