codfishsnowman
Members-
Posts
5,438 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Everything posted by codfishsnowman
-
Good lord...they finally got their hurricane. I hope it's really progressive and doesn't cause too much damage or flooding.
-
Well well well...you're down to youre last spin at the slot machine and all red 7s land on the payline Better late than never..you guys finally got the hurricane many of you were gunning for all season. Congrats. Hopefully the storm doesn't negatively impact too many lives and livelihoods.
-
This was a great read. Thank you for the indepth intelligent and fact based response. I am of very ordinarily intellect, just always fascinated by weather but these videos are getting out of control.
-
Wow you're garage is so neat and orderly. I would be terrified to show anyone my housemates garage lol
-
Mr Glp1 just recently put out a wildly hyped up video about major changes to the wild and crazy historic once in a lifetime super el nino winter on steroids en route The takeaway The mid south might have a significant winter weather event if the cold air and moisture are timed right. Someone might buy a powerball ticket at the local convenience store too. Furthermore, I think it's a little insulting to folks in the south. It's not as though they're unfamiliar with the possibility of a period or two wintry weather every few years. Yes, it's very disruptive but these folks deal with deadly heatwaves, tornadoes and just thunderstorms in general that would make many New England folk run for cover and floods. Is there any end to the hype ever?
-
Agree, east by a good 20-30 miles too
-
Back here you can get porked a million ways by Millers A through Z
-
I'm rooting for you my friend
-
Wow...88 both cef and bdl....ugh Glad it's over
-
Septorcher 2026 Discussion - Endless Summer
codfishsnowman replied to Damage In Tolland's topic in New England
Oh wow I think they had a lot of wind out there too -
Septorcher 2026 Discussion - Endless Summer
codfishsnowman replied to Damage In Tolland's topic in New England
Where's all the rain I was hearing about all last week? I dont even think we've had a half inch the past 48 hours -
Septorcher 2026 Discussion - Endless Summer
codfishsnowman replied to Damage In Tolland's topic in New England
You're reaching. Maybe central and southern jersey on south -
Wow...what a winter to live through and witness that pack just build and build. That awesome feeling of looking out at deep snow day and night. It really is something special. It doesn't happen often down here but I am greatful to have witnessed deep snow cover a handful of times in my life.
-
Septorcher 2026 Discussion - Endless Summer
codfishsnowman replied to Damage In Tolland's topic in New England
Normal fall temps -
Septorcher 2026 Discussion - Endless Summer
codfishsnowman replied to Damage In Tolland's topic in New England
Hey warmininistas.....today is a small price to pay for what's on the way Sunday and beyond -
I lived in Bristol CT at the time we r had a solid foot of pretty dense snow before 1.5 inches of sleet and then a quick but wild burst of 2.5 inches on the backside giving us 16 inches. The backside snows were not widespread, we just got lucky in central and I think western CT had it too. But we had no snow on the ground prior. I will never forget the wind on the backside of that thing that Sunday with gusts over 50 mph bright sunshine and mid afternoon temperatures in the low teens.
-
Superstorm 93 was epic on so many levels. The certainty almost a week out. It had been a decade since I had seen March snow that didn't just accumulate on grassy surfaces. The sunny but cold calm quiet day before and the craziness at the gas stations and supermarkets. I was 19 and worked for Stop and Shop at the time. It was the first time I had een more than a foot of snow since the Feb 83 storm.
-
Yup I remember the cold too like it was yesterday. I think there were afternoons that struggled to hit 10 above but with 15 to 25 mph northerly winds and who can forget the sleet fest in Jan 93 I think where it was just below 10 degrees with 2 to 3 inches of pure sleet...wild stuff
-
92-93 and 93-94 are etched in my memory forever. They proved that real winter weather had finally returned. Outside of 87-88 we had suffered some rough years prior.
-
Septorcher 2026 Discussion - Endless Summer
codfishsnowman replied to Damage In Tolland's topic in New England
Lolol that GFS is like a dog with a bone sometimes. I will enjoy my low to mid 70s and cool morning lows in the 50s the rest of the week. -
2026 Atlantic Hurricane Season
codfishsnowman replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Tropical Headquarters
This year is probably anamomolous but still I think it's climo kicking in just a little to offset the off the chart activity of the past couple decades. The world's basically on fire. It's only a matter of time before there are more catastrophic hurricanes to track. Although science isn't necessarily logical it doesn't seem far fetched that in a warming climate there will be more wild swings in activity and volatility. It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't some Bay of Campeche monster later this fall just when everyone was ready to close the blinds. -
Septorcher 2026 Discussion - Endless Summer
codfishsnowman replied to Damage In Tolland's topic in New England
Love these temps. Heck of a way to run a torch.. -
2026 Atlantic Hurricane Season
codfishsnowman replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Tropical Headquarters
There were a couple Mets and enthusiasts in the New England forum that strongly hinted at this possibility months ago. Hats off to those gentlemen so far. -
2026 Atlantic Hurricane Season
codfishsnowman replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Tropical Headquarters
Yes we can and it's about time to give folks in hurricane prone areas a breather. It's been ridiculously active the last couple decades. -
2026 Atlantic Hurricane Season
codfishsnowman replied to Stormchaserchuck1's topic in Tropical Headquarters
I only check in here from time to time but over the years I have noticed of all the big US land falling hurricanes hardly anyone discusses Camille. I have seen a few documentaries recently and although the better data was in its infancy, this hurricane seems like she could stand solidly against not only any other land falling cat 5s but cat 5s period Just wondering thats all
