Jump to content

bncho

Members
  • Posts

    3,772
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bncho

  1. Euro AI trend: More consolidated, closer to the coast!
  2. Apparently it was showing something like the Euro AI was 5 days out
  3. McLean, VA 2025-26 Snowfall TOTAL: 14.1" November: T 11/12: T | Stayed up late hoping for something more substantial, but there were still some light flurries. 11/30: T | Morning snow/sleet mix changed to rain. December: 3.7" 12/5-6: 2.2" | The return of the mythical December 5th snowstorm. It brought extreme cold for early-December, with my high of 29. Included a nice little round two starting at 10 PM, not finishing until around 1 AM. R1: 1.9", R2: 0.3" 12/11: T | Scattered flurries in the morning. 12/14: 1.5" | A busted forecast (from 2-4"). 0.25" QPF fell as 1.5"—awful ratios. January: 10.4" 1/1: 0.1" | An early morning snow squall with strong winds. 1/17: 0.1" | A morning burst of snow accumulated to a dusting. 1/18: T | Three hours of afternoon flurries translated to a trace. The mulch was slightly whitened, though. 1/24-25: 10.2" | An awesome storm. Strong 5.9" thump followed by 10 hours of heavy sleet, which totaled 4.2". Snowiest winter storm since 2019; most impactful since 2016.
  4. 5.9" of snow, 4.2" of sleet. 10.1" total!
  5. I don't know how you would tow 3' of snow...
  6. Euro/Euro AI combo = like 98% verification rates, based off the weenie handbook. GFS by itself = 100% though.
  7. You guys deserve it. Enjoy it! It'll be around for awhile!
  8. I guess we'll add the late-month threat. EPS generally more enthused than GEFS.
  9. What is this, 2" QPF? Would've been a monster if it were 150 miles south. Oh well—how can I complain about this historic sleetfest? Plus, we gotta lotta chances coming up!
  10. I wonder where this ranks on the NESIS scale. Apparently the number of counties under a winter storm warning was the highest ever recorded, at least, according to Wikipedia.
  11. 8” Snow Depth, 5.9” snow, 3.4” sleet. 9.3” official
  12. I might just be completely wrong but I think I'm starting to mix with freezing rain? 90/10 sleet/zr? Maybe I'm tweaking?
  13. I'm thinking I might record 3-4" of sleet here.
  14. 8.4” out where I am. I have just been under the bands all the time today!
  15. You think that’s hard? I walked five miles today in the snow/sleet to get to my friend’s house and back.
×
×
  • Create New...