Jump to content

SolidIcewx

Members
  • Posts

    1,647
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SolidIcewx

  1. Hopefully this back door cool front will fire off some storms in SE Michigan tomorrow. Low chance but any will help
  2. The constant dry and completely sunny conditions day after day here with the low humidity is concerning in the long run. Hoping for a pattern flip in a couple weeks. Was in another wood lot today in Monroe county and it was all dry and ground cracking in spots with sun. Some of the smaller brush species are drying up considerably. Few more weeks of this and we could have some problems. Hopefully DNR did a good job with their prescribed fires this year. Areas of forest is the north is another concern as well. A couple MCS or MCV to roll through would be beneficial but only time will tell. The more consistent heat waves coming in from Canada is another’s interesting note I’ll have to find the article I read up on it. Used to the humid air from the south
  3. Great radar capture of the outflow/breezes colliding quite impressive to say the least
  4. This keeps up moderate drought will rapidly makes its way into IN, OH, and MI. Was NW of Howell yesterday and was in a white pine/Norway spruce patch of woods and that whole area is dry like a tinderbox. I’m concerned with increasing wildfire danger in the next few weeks in the lower half of Michigan
  5. Lakes are rapidly warming aswell. Glad to see it
  6. Definitely feel the extra jump of 12 degrees in terms of the dew point. Sweating outside twice as much as yesterday already. If I didn’t know better I’d say it’s definitely got a mid summer feel
  7. the sheer amount of days in a row with sunny or mostly sunny conditions is definitely getting up there. Loving that tho but I know it’s really bad in the long run
  8. Did the lawn. Had family over. Grilled up the brats, dogs, and venison burgers with all the fixings. Loaded potato salad. Can’t ask for a better Memorial Day
  9. Beautiful view. Reminds me of when I went there i siesta key last year with my fiancé
  10. Im using my sprinkler tonight on the sun baked section of my yard. If I don’t it will end up like lawns in the desert
  11. Can’t believe I’m getting dry hands this time of year usually it’s only in wintertime for me
  12. Hopefully soaks the bogs enough if any of those caught fire
  13. From the rains and heavy wet snow to really dry conditions. Good if you work outside but some thunder would be nice
  14. Whoever left the back door open is about to get smacked
  15. I already got my sprinkler out prepared to use it on my one part of the lawn that will get fried from the dry weather
  16. After coming back from Clearwater that’s what I’m hoping for. Love the clean Lake Huron which will be the first Great Lake I visit this summer. Smokey skies I know won’t help
  17. Only positive is the heat wave will warm the Great Lakes faster for swimming
  18. Only good thing about this back door front is the fact the skies will clear for a day or two
  19. Starts in Ann Arbor a few years ago and it’s supposed to help out our pollinator insects. In a suburb set up I really don’t know how it helps unless you border a woodlot
  20. Nothing like going to sleep then seeing a storm pop up to track
×
×
  • Create New...