It looks like it is still warm enough to be a warm core storm that will transition as it moves north with the wind field expanding like Sandy did. But all that churning and slow moving is going to cool the surface.
My niece is getting married on Friday afternoon in Newport in a fancy ceremony. I feel bad, but it might be interesting.
Prettymuch solid cloud cover over southern half of New England, but the sinking air produced a ribbon of clearing north of the mountains: https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/sector_band.php?sat=G19§or=ne&band=01&length=36&dim=1
Dang!
Headed up to Thornton just for the night. Passing lane was closed at around exit 27, with tree in lane. Not sure if it was straight line or tornado, but missed it by about 15 minutes. No power.
It's actually closer to 0.75" here in Lowell, but there's probably 0.5" of sleet in there, so it's still going to have to get shovelled. I can't believe another crappy, cold, cloudy day. My forecast high is 32F.
Funny you post this. I'm lying in bed too lazy to get up. I looked at my webcam and guessed about an inch in Lowell. Checked the NWS map and the only post was Lowell reporting 1" (wasn't me), so I can stay in bed although I do have to pee. F'k it I'm up. Sucks getting old.
down another degree to 33.1/31.0. The soundings show a cold layer of about -5C at about 2500' and a narrow layer at 1C at about 6000', so whatever falls should be frozen which should be snow during the heaviest parts.
About 0.4" of liquid fell as snow and another 0.4" fell as freezing rain. Trees are glowing, but not many branches on the ground. Back roads are a disaster. Probably should have left the snow on the driveway. Temp dropped from about 30.5 to 29 overnight.
My P&C hourly forecast calls or another 0.25" of zr on top of what we've already gotten which I'm guessing is probably between 0.1 and 0.2" on top of about 4" of snow. They also dropped my low temp holding it steady at 30F down to 26F in the early morning hours.
This might get interesting.
Radar looking pretty healthy. Didn't get an official measurement before the flip to zr, but was likely between 3.5-4". Temp slowly creeping up from 27.3 to 28.2 in last hour. Kinda surprised there's not much discussion here. Bigtime bust.