Jump to content

Thinksnow18

Members
  • Posts

    4,144
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Thinksnow18

  1. https://mobile.twitter.com/webberweather/status/1343646568474406915 hoping I got this right...
  2. Well conceding the fact it’s only - 4 to -6 c the avg high is 31 so that would equate to below freezing temps, which like BW stated we snow instead of rain...small victories
  3. Nah all ensembles showing it as you alluded to earlier in fact the 18z GFS says big cold dump still in the cards 2 weeks from now
  4. I mean that is only a full week and it does start to trend towards neutral so maybe that’s why the very same model that’s forecasting that is forecasting 4 days later a cold dump into the east...could be a good sign, I mean look at what barely negative just did for us! 20+“ of snow
  5. Oddly on the GFS it goes east coast and that’s only next week too, the GFS isn’t until the 11th
  6. So to all my rowdy friends I beg this question. What Is the reason it is so difficult to dislodge the dreaded Bermuda high? Every storm on the GFS and Euro go west and north pushing away seemingly just as strong Arctic high pressure with relative ease. I guess I’m wondering why one can anchor and stay for weeks and affect our storm track while the other is transient and constantly giving way to LP systems...I would think (amateur opinion here) that if both were of equal strength that the system would have a squeeze play of sorts giving us some warmer storms and some colder storm but not all warmer storms...any thoughts?
  7. Tug hill must’ve come back from his vacation...
  8. At the end of both the 00z and the 6z GFS there is a pretty big cold dump across the east and 6z would be (fantasy I know) an event for the metro that would be epic...one can dream...
  9. I don’t think I’ve ever looked at 2 weeks of rain in January
  10. It’s gotta change. Hopefully we have that one big storm that kinda resets the pattern and all goes well after.
  11. Agreed lots of time left, and from perusing the mid-Atlantic blog I know you guys score best in February in many winters. A good block with a PV over Hudson Bay would be a very nice thing for the MA
  12. Yeah IF the modeling is correct about a PV split then typically we would have a mild stretch beforehand and then the PV would take over for a few weeks. That stretch of mid January to mid February could be our winter
  13. I like the chances of a gradient type system sheer you could see 29 degrees close to Lake Ontario and 45 degrees near PA line.
  14. So the GFS has been on this for 3 runs now? Still has 19” at KBUF, while I don’t buy that it is later this week so maybe it’s on to a trend?
  15. I took my snowblower through slushy puddles on the sidewalk this morning...that was a first
  16. Measured 6.1”. Nice event. Went to bed around 11 last night to about an 1” and woke up 5 hours later to 6. Like BW stated rates really picked up overnight
  17. Up early this year (dogs not kids for once) eyeballing 5 to 6 and still snowing. A little pessimistic about the lake effect later tonight and tomorrow as the NWS says it’s not sure how far north the band will make it but looking at 6 to 12 if it does late tomorrow morning into the afternoon...wait and see I suppose
  18. I think we bust high tonight. Almost an inch here and there is a lot of snow to come. It goes back to Ohio and south to Tennessee with very heavy returns west over Ohio and lower Michigan which will have to come this way eventually.
×
×
  • Create New...