Thinksnow18
Members-
Posts
4,144 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Everything posted by Thinksnow18
-
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
First I’m happy to hear your daughter feels better and I have had similar symptoms your wife has but much less extreme luckily. While our positive Covid daughter stayed home the 4 of us went to NCCC to get our lobotomies...I’m certain that probe went into my throat... -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
First off Steve I hope your daughter gets better soon!!! As I was told we had wait 5-7 days from the first positive test. They include that day so tomorrow is our day 5 and the 4 of us are being tested tomorrow morning. Here’s the rub...once you have a positive case in your home you must receive the full nasal frontal lobotomy and wait the 3-to 5 standard days to wait for the results. Of any of you turn up positive you can go back up to 5 days to the original positive test and then your 10 days begins from there if you had symptoms. Myself and my wife have minor cold symptoms but our daughter who tested positive has a soar throat and nasty cough...so far (knocking on wood) no one has had a fever, lost taste or smell or short of breath. The process for this is decent and is pretty helpful. The contract tracer called us Sunday evening and is really unhappy with her gymnastics center. They will be contacting them today. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
It was definitely gymnastics. Unfortunately it’s well too documented who was sick and how it was spread. The kids were going to school but the incredibly efficient (of course I’m crackin wise) Williamsville Central School district pulled that plug and were just beginning to try and reopen. When it comes to the dance centers and gymnastics centers I can only speak to the one my daughter goes to 6 days a week and they are not following protocol at all. They are very complicit in what is going on. And thank you for the good thoughts, I will definitely keep updating. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Well that’s a great question! Because we are all probably exposed as well we are taking precautions to try and mitigate any further damage or exposure. We’re wearing masks in the house and have separated the child that has it and giving her own bathroom to use. It’s not ideal but like you stated there’s not a lot of space to utilize to isolate. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
So the Covid virus has made it to my house finally...my middle child tested positive this morning as she has some slight symptoms and many of her gymnastics teammates have recently tested positive as well. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
So is it safe to say with those statistics that schools should be left alone at this point? The were back, then remotely, then back again is getting old. If the schools themselves are NOT part of the issue then why close them? Why not just put the moratorium on social gatherings afterwards? Sorry for using logic... -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Does anyone have the statistics of school kids with positive results? -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
What an ass. If that statement from Trump regarding Cuomo not wanting the vaccine because he doesn’t trust it ( didn’t know he was an expert) until he wants to release it will be the death Nell of this state -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
For now. I still think there are other factors that will determine ultimately what direction the market takes. I do feel long term under a Biden regime the market will struggle based on his overall policy. He will try and tax the 1% to death and I’m not sold that either he or Harris is strong on foreign policy. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
It’s definitely a toss up. I think it’ll come down to the same states during the last election. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
It would honestly be interesting to be in a true swing state. The rally’s and debating must be incredible. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Could be another voter win for the dems and a presidential win for the GOP -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I’m not going to bash you at all. I agree with you about Eichel and I believe having Staal here is more than just experience in the locker room, it’s for jack as well. I look back at when they had briere and drury, 2 leaders in 2 different ways, one on the score sheet and one in his attitude, Jack has the score sheet buttoned up but the attitude? Eh. I think having another captain (not a letter) will be very beneficial to jack and I think you’ll see this team grow quickly. And no they have not had this much talent since 05-06 not even close. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
All things agreed. Yes Adams is a first time GM but sometimes you can get a feel about someone just by their mannerisms alone. Guy was the consummate consistent teammate in Carolina and appears to know what he wants. No that alone does not mean he will be successful but I feel he knows what that looks like as he was a part of an organization that was strong on drafting and developing those picks and signing key under the radar FA. I’m not in the pool all the way but I’m about to jump in -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I’m kinda shocked at the comments here. This team is clearly moving in a much different direction and it’s not taking Kevyn Adams very long to put his stamp on this team. he brought in a former Stanley cup champ, captain and great mentor with some hockey left in him, arguably the best FA on the market with a prove it deal and is imo a good goalie away from the playoffs consistently. I’m starting to see parallels from the bills regime and this one. Good gm good coach and plenty of young stars. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I read recently in a medical journal that a study was done in Houston and the evolving strain in that city. They are confident that the corona virus will be seasonal like the flu and will require a yearly vaccine just like the flu. I agree with B-dub...we will be wearing masks or people will be for the foreseeable future, whether mandated or not. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Sadly that's the "best" this country has given us. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Public school or colleges? Because whatever disaster you're witnessing the Williamsville CSD says not so fast... -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
239K 2016 appraised at my refi this year 286K -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Great conversation all...and possibly the best to come...from the AP, Reuters and others, it has been confirmed that a 31 yr old fron Hong Kong has officially contracted different strains of Covid- 19...this was done through research through labs that have identified new and different strain than the first virus contracted 4 mos ago. The man is asympotmatic and they are thrilled that the immune response acted just as it should in muting the New strain from developing further...if this has legs herd immunity or a vaccine of positive patients plasma may not be far off... -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
After the report yesterday of the switch to drug ingredients I'm not surprised. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Just watched a piece on channel 4 about beer and brain health in the elderly. According to the study, by the American Journal of medicine no less, states that a woman who consumes 8 glasses of beer or wine in 1 week shows a less likely chance of having dementia vs a woman who does not consume that amount. For men the amount of beer was doubled for the same results. However it was just last year the same journal reported ANY amounts if alcohol was bad for overall health!!! It's these inconsistencies and contradictions that make me question science and related research. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
While I agree with a longer shutdown will contribute to an economic disaster, I also feel if we can at least be as careful as possible while opening up slowly then we can be more towards the 6 month timeframe. What concerns me is the uneven rules for different states at a macro level and the same uneven rules in the micro as well. Example, my son plays soccer at a high level and they were just added to the July 6th reopening for youth sports, however they can only participate in cardio type workouts and cannot engage in physical for at least 2 weeks after...yet on father's day I saw 2 different posts from 2 different families on Facebook regarding a softball tournament their daughters were taking part in Bradford PA. How did that even happen when they aren't even allowed to begin getting together until just shy if 2 weeks from now, let alone travel to another state? -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
Not sure how that is. Every public place right now in NY requires a mask or no entry. Just the probability alone of being at places in the south at this time where they do not have such orders makes that a false statement. I know you're dying for travel and going to the gym but for a short time (and yes 6 to 12 months is short) to give those things up for the greater good really should not be debatable. -
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..
Thinksnow18 replied to wolfie09's topic in Upstate New York/Pennsylvania
I have stated this since the beginning. We are a selfish country worried about ourselves and no one else...whats best for me...i have also cancelled 2 trips this year and honestly I could care less. I will have other chances with my wife and with the kids as well next year or the year after. I just don't understand the allure from having to get away so bad right now.
