George BM
Members-
Posts
3,068 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Everything posted by George BM
-
There's an interesting vorticity-max showing up on LWX radar centered near the eastern tip of the WVA Panhandle. Perhaps it enhanced any showers/snow showers this afternoon? https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?parms=LWX-N0Q-1-48-50-usa-rad
-
Yeah. I wasn't anticipating skies being clear the whole night (I expected temps between 32-36F for my pre-dawn run (Actual Low: 28F)).So during my run this morning I was anxiously awaiting some rogue black ice on the damp looking pavement and roads to cause me to wipe out. I, however, survived unscathed.
-
Clear skies + calm winds + lots of low-level moisture + wet grounds + below freezing temperatures = The heaviest "frost" I've seen 29F at IAD.
-
We should each go into our records for this winter and see how much rain we get while the temperature is 33F.
-
Not that I will tonight but if you're someone (like me) who has never drank alcohol once in your life before, what is a good way to start without killing yourself? ... SHOULD I start?
-
Personal Favorite/Most "Extreme" Wx Event of 2020 (Your POV)
George BM replied to George BM's topic in Mid Atlantic
Yeap. It was Election Day. -
Personal Favorite/Most "Extreme" Wx Event of 2020 (Your POV)
George BM replied to George BM's topic in Mid Atlantic
Reminds me of the weather in this region on November 3rd this past year w/ a deck of clouds extending from wsw/sw to ene/ne... But you said it was during the summer so I don't know for sure whether you are talking about the event I mentioned or a different one as those "standing cloud-deck features" actually occur at least occasionally every year, though usually not as frequently in the summer. -
Another year is over and, like always, I'm a curious and noisy young man. What weather event(s) stood out for you personally in the past year? For me despite a very boring year in general I lucked into two decent (by MBYs standards) thunderstorms on June 4th and June 22nd. Both storms featured sheets of rain w/ 40-45mph wind gusts. The June 4th storm dropped the visibility to below 400 feet at one point. I know I know a lot of you will happy about that but MBY usually gets missed way more often than not. Welp, how about you guys? What event(s) stood out to you this past year (2020)?
-
FYI: Para-gfs is updating on tropicaltidbits again.
-
Dec 7,9,14,25: T Dec 16-17: 2.1" Dec 18: 0.2" Stats: Trace on Christmas! Most snow received on Christmas day since 2010. 7 days with flakes through Dec 25th.
-
And there it is... 509 AM EST Wed Dec 23 2020 ...FLASH FLOOD WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT... The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for * Portions of DC...Maryland and Virginia, including the following areas: in DC, District of Columbia. In Maryland, Anne Arundel, Calvert, Carroll, Cecil, Central and Southeast Howard, Central and Southeast Montgomery, Charles, Frederick MD, Northern Baltimore, Northwest Harford, Northwest Howard, Northwest Montgomery, Prince Georges, Southeast Harford, Southern Baltimore and St. Marys. In Virginia, Albemarle, Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria, Culpeper, Eastern Loudoun, Fairfax, Greene, King George, Madison, Nelson, Northern Fauquier, Orange, Prince William/Manassas/Manassas Park, Rappahannock, Southern Fauquier, Spotsylvania, Stafford and Western Loudoun. * From Thursday afternoon through late Thursday night * One and half to two and half inches of rain are expected Thursday afternoon and Thursday night. This is expected to result in flash flooding of small streams and creeks and possible river flooding. $$ LFR
-
Very light snow w/ moderate-sized flakes. (Herndon, VA) Fifth time there've been flakes this season. Sixth day there've been flakes. December 7th,9th,14th,16th,17th,18th.
-
Dec 7,9,14: T Dec 16-17: 2.1"
-
0.0" here so far. ETA: Actually make that a trace on Dec 7th, 9th and 14th.
-
mby = my backyard maby = ???
-
Mid-Atlantic winter 2020-21 snowfall contest
George BM replied to AnEndlessMaze's topic in Mid Atlantic
NANI?!! @WxWatcher007 Who in the floppy flap jacks gave you the right to steal MY tradition of being the ridiculous weenie here?! MINE MINE MINE!!! Think you can take my last place prize from me this year can ya?! Well perhaps you did! This is a blatant act of WAR that you have declared on me and my kin! You win NOTHING!!! We will see a repeat of 2013-2014 and I will finally be declared SUPREME LEADER er... WINNER of the snowfall contest! @PrinceFrederickWx I'll be waiting for you with my prize in the spring... ... DON'T BE LATE! -
Meteorological (or Climatological ) Winter is upon us!
-
-
Mid-Atlantic winter 2020-21 snowfall contest
George BM replied to AnEndlessMaze's topic in Mid Atlantic
BWI: 50.2" DCA: 36.7" IAD: 51.1" RIC: 27.2" Tiebreaker (SBY): 28.8" -
Why 33 and rain when you can 32.000000001 and rain!
-
You're nexting sleet in October?
