eyewall
-
Posts
13,359 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Posts posted by eyewall
-
-
Just now, Snownado said:
Dang. I didn't realize an inch of snow was so unusual for Raleigh. Are you sure you dont live in Savannah ?
It is definitely overkill especially when the game isn't being played at 4am.
-
1
-
1
-
-
Just now, NorthHillsWx said:
Isn’t it still snowing there too?






-
3
-
-
3 minutes ago, StoneColdWeatherAustin said:
16Z HRRR shows snow breaking out around Winston area at 7pm and shows it still snowing at 5am tomorrow. Most of it looks light to moderate. Depending on how much is lost to virga, it could be a moderate event, according to this model.

-
Good luck all in this flizzard of the century!
-
1
-
4
-
-
-
I will be making one more update to my screwcast soon.
-
3
-
8
-
1
-
-
30 minutes ago, calculus1 said:
The lack of robust discussion in this thread is telling…
It is a glorified flizzard for most. I think that is why, but we will see who lucks out with any mesoscale features.
-
2
-
-
4 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:
Too bad all the fun in the Carolina’s is coming at night. Definitely serious now-casting. Some people going to wake up with bare dirt and scream “bust” while others 20 miles away have 4” will be screaming “overperformer.” I think it’s boom or bust, light rates are not going to cut it with borderline BL temps like they did last week and if you get fringed by one of those bands you’re not going to get much or anything. Think summertime thunderstorms if you want to know how this will play out
Agreed. It will be no more than a flizzard for many while a lucky few cash in.
-
-
46 minutes ago, MHCWEATHER said:
What are the dynamics that dissipate the lee side energy and leave Wake bare ‘n bent? #newbs
It is basically a mid-level dry slot that will be the problem. Wherever that sets up, you will have a screw zone.
-
1
-
-
-
Yeah without sneaking a meso band in here it will be almost a non-event for Raleigh but it is what it is.
-
2
-
-
-
It is looking more and more like Raleigh will be stuck in the screw zone between the late phasing coastal and the lee side low.
-
1
-
1
-
-
While we sip our Maalox this morning I finally posted some video I took during the last event:
As it stands if that lee side meso low continues to appear I will have to factor it in to my forecast update for sure. This is not an easy one.-
6
-
-
On 1/25/2022 at 8:23 PM, powderfreak said:
Great midweek afternoon on the hill.
If there's one big difference from last winter, it's that midweek feels like midweek again. When people need to physically report to work and school Monday through Friday, it definitely is a different dynamic. Last winter was steady crowd levels 7 days a week, no real ebb or flow. This season it's big weekends and light volume Monday through Friday.
I loved when I used to have Mondays off when I lived up there. I would have smuggs almost to myself. There would still be visible areas of corduroy at last chair.
-
The take away from that GFS run is Raleigh jackpots.
-
3
-
3
-
2
-
-
Wow this is going to be a meltdown in every subforum!
-
1
-
1
-
-
The NAM has been on its own.
-
3
-
-
Just now, PantherJustin said:
I’ve seen that video a few times…. Dumped quite a bit up in NE NC
Yep. I took that back then.
-
1
-
-
March 2010 Mesoband:
-
8
-
2
-
2
-
-
RAH makes no mention of the lee side low, but that is an interesting prospect. They do mention f-gen banding could surprised some people though.
-
1
-
1
-
-
-

Cape Cod weenies will be happy otherwise it is a toaster sale.






Potential 1/28-1/30 2022 winter storm
in Southeastern States
Posted
About a tenth of an inch per hour ;-)