Happy Friday weenies. @wxmeddler and I did a thing. These are the first two tripod stations in the network. I'm excited that we'll get some better data at the southern end of Parr's Ridge, where the Gaithersburg station is ~350 ft. ASL and the Germantown station is ~630 feet ASL.
If the Euro AI wins then it would really boost my confidence in it going into winter, for better or worse. Seems like the Europeans are really upping their NWP -> AI game.
Berlin mesonet site had a peak gust of 36 mph earlier today. Will be interesting to see how this storm plays out this weekend. Hope it's a sign of a decent winter incoming.
While a strong, east-based El Nino is probably hostile for snow chances I wonder what, if any role the Atlantic may play since it's not been turned over with any meaningful tropical cyclone activity.
Yes it does indeed feel like late September. My high temperature for yesterday was only 59°. I hit 94°earlier this month, amazing how much variability can occur in September.