Jump to content

nw baltimore wx

Members
  • Posts

    12,283
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nw baltimore wx

  1. One of the best I recall for central MD. I was living in Columbia then and was a little disappointed when we got a foot and then dryslotted, but I went to bed and the backside dropped another foot overnight.
  2. I’d enjoy seeing some 2-4” clippers with cold, blustery winds behind them. It’s been awhile.
  3. I wish I could weenie and like a post.
  4. This winter has been pretty poor, Though it’s been fun seeing friends of yore, And now the snowbirds begin the migration, Wounded from no snow elation, But one thing is certainly sure, Weenies always forget the torture, And come October they’ll begin to flock, To come back for another winter crock.
  5. Keep them coming! Nice to see someone getting some snow, especially if it’s not New England.
  6. Someone down there has to have an iPhone 11. Get me some pics!
  7. That is odd. WxUnderground has the hourly report (bottom of the page linked), but I doubt they have access to any max/mins in between. https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/md/baltimore/KBWI
  8. BWI: 11/8 DCA: 11/22 IAD: 11/1 RIC: 11/8 Tiebreaker: 11"
  9. Didn't he first make the statement about Dorian impacting Alabama on Sunday morning? If so, why did he use a cone from last Thursday to justify his thinking? The NHC had the turn north as early as Saturday evening.
  10. Please keep the pictures coming! I hope you all get buried!
  11. General statement, but I agree that it's localized. I think it's also better that it's urban based since most of us in the 95 corridor use municipal water rather than rural areas where more folks rely on wells. Most people understand that for urban water supplies, our reservoirs are fed from afar, so a narrow strip of "severe drought" where the reservoirs are located has less impact here than in other areas of the region. I'm not dismissing how dry it has been, but if we are going to have a drought, two things stand out to me that make this situation bearable. The first, obviously, is that for now the severe concern is within an area where impacts are minimal, and secondly, if it is going to be dry, winter is a good time for it since water demand is lower. I'm pretty sure that if this was a June, July, and August drought, the beachin that would be going on in here would make wintertime Ji would sound optimistic.
  12. The Milagro Beanfield War continues... November 2.00" December 1.03" January 1.20" Pretty remarkable that I've also had 8" of snow.
  13. I just summed the past two and a half months, and less than 4" here since October 30. I have no idea what that means in term of a drought, but I'm pretty confident that going forward it means that I need to make sure my sump pump is working well in March and April.
  14. Awesome! I hope that you don't mind, but I copied that image to the D.C. area obs thread with a nod to you, of course.
  15. The time lapse is awesome. I might have to set one of those up in the yard.
  16. Yeah, that was a fun day. I think one of my girlfriend's friends has a screenshot of us making snow angels. I need to get a copy.
  17. Your January storm was pretty awesome. We road tripped down to OC for that one. Good times. If anyone down that way gets a look at the beaches, I would be interested in hearing how they are doing regarding erosion.
  18. PD I February 5-6, 2010 February 1983 because of the crazy thundersnow January 2016 February 2003 January 1996 December 2009
  19. And then it finally all disappeared. http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalweathergang/2010/05/unbelievable_still_snow_at_bwi.html
×
×
  • Create New...