Jump to content

40/70 Benchmark

Members
  • Posts

    79,646
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 40/70 Benchmark

  1. Yes, it's generally viewed as one of the more compelling elements of weather, which is why it's such a point of focus amongst weather circles. I understand why someone who adds nothing else other than snowfall related banter may elicit some frustration from a few, but I really don't think I fall into that category.
  2. ENSO is tied to everything, which is why this thread encompasses just about everything....it's generally accepted and tacitly understood.
  3. Same reason you talk about climate change in an El Nino thread.
  4. Right...I get it. Less snow....not 1.5-3' over interior SNE, but plowable nonetheless. Same page.
  5. Sure, which is why I understand there wouldn't be 2' in the hills of NW RI if that storm had occurred during the winter, but plows would have been out in that region as sure as Adam is recycling posts about the record El Nino in some foreign language on X as we speak.
  6. Yea, I'm like 30mi NNW of Boston....right on the NH border.
  7. You what's funny and sad at the same time? I had 46.3" that winter...since 2017-2018 I have had TWO seasons, including last year, that were better than that. Forgive me taking it and this is how things evolve.
  8. Okay, your definition of CNE is off and presumably biased by your southern perspective. CNE is from like route 2 northward....we essentially agree then. I knew there must have been something lost in translation-
  9. Chris, you're wrong. December 1992 did exactly what I am saying...it buried most of SNE. I was in a suburb N of Boston and had 20"....Boston had like 9", as did much of N RI. The southern third of the region would have had issues, sure. I said MUCH of SNE...NOT ALL. You are saying "antecedent warmth"....which inherently implies a dearth of +PP to the north. If there is a high in place, it will take time to dislodge that cold a stone's throw from the shore.
  10. Now, if you want to argue that there won't be any cold, that is a different issue....but you time that track with a polar high, and there would be a major snowfall across much of Mass/CT/RI. Is the capture that far south and tug back to NJ ideal? No, but I'm not claiming it would have been 2/6/1978...nonetheless, it would have been a major winter storm.
  11. Nope.....much of SNE would have been buried on that track....it got captured and backed into the Jersey shore before drifting up to the cape post-occlusion. Your portrayal is disingenuous and makes it sound as though it barreled over the Jersey shore and straight into CT or RI.
  12. I wouldn't say that given major El Nino climo....I think lower in latitude has the best shot at above climo snowfall.
  13. This is totally anecdotal, but I really doubt it considering the stretch from which we are just emerging. I think we are on par for some positive regression in terms of snowfall...I understand the CC-oriented counter to that, and it's perfectly valid, so no need to get into that...ultimately all we can do is guess, and that is mine.
  14. Hopefully we can displace the ridge so far south this winter that we can pull off a Nina-like gradient pattern overlaid onto that diesel STJ....slightly further south 2007-2008
  15. My guess is I'll be tic higher than KASH, so about 32.
  16. I think you're splitting hairs and reaching.................first of all, I don't think that any degree of difference with respect to LE and measuring technique would negate the evolutionary advantages that Miller B type cyclogenesis has. Secondly, couple said evolutionary differences with that that Miller B also tend to be less progressive, and that negates any LEQ advantage and increased proclivity for compression that Miller A had. Would like to go through the list of Miller B captures and Miller A captures (good luck)? So, we are talking about less progressive systems on average, which protracts precp and augments measuring inconsistencies due to companion, that also tend to have the timing of approach more closely align with max rate of depending of mid level centers. Mic drop-
  17. Without even looking, I'll assume it's a bit warmer and drier, and that ridge has continued to edge southward.
  18. Yea, believe me, I don't trust precise measurements from back then....no argument at all. I get your point.
  19. Right....but, that was Boris' whole point, to whom you replied. I merely made the distinction....not assigning any blame at all.
  20. No, but it's important to note considering the context of the post that you responded to.
×
×
  • Create New...