• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
06z Models 2/11/2014 | Potential Major Coastal Storm

user13

Hello Longtime Lurker but have learned a lot on these boards over the years.  Figured while it was quiet and not a high traffic time was a good time to post. Anyway, is there any reason why the Nam is taking so long for the whole run to finish ? With that said looks like the models are starting to hone in on track which the metro area looks to be in the crosshairs. Looks like the QPF is starting to nudge up as well. I wonder if  in the next 24-36 hours when Hi Res models come into play if we are gonna get some ridiculous QPF and snow totals ?

The nam is colder than the gfs/euro. I believe that the nam maybe underdoing the warming. IMO Long Island I think will changeover to a mix sometime Thursday afternoon.

But it may be a case where the damage will already have been done , and after  there`s a change I  think everyone goes back over

On precip types though it was damn close to going over to rain at 54 hours, wouldn't put too much into it as the RGEM isn't spectacular beyond 36 hours but it's another model showing a close call at the coast right now

All the models agree , this is inside OBX and the to the mouth of the Delaware . our forecast will depend on is  at AC or 75 miles East .

Will know by 12z

On precip types though it was damn close to going over to rain at 54 hours, wouldn't put too much into it as the RGEM isn't spectacular beyond 36 hours but it's another model showing a close call at the coast right now

We inland folk are rooting for all the non-US models, obviously. If the coast needs to flip to rain to ensure I get 12+, well that's a sacrifice I guess I'm willing to make. ;)

Yeah, the 06z run was way more amplified at every level compared to the 00z run. It still would be a ton of snow to start...but a thump over to rain or drizzle most certainly given that look aloft. 

Archived