• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Central PA Fall Thread

Susq at Hbg is actually steady fall ATH. Probably responding to the not needed dose on the west branch tribs over night and this a.m.

Will probl. just result in slowing the fall as opposed to pushing it back up to any concerning degree.

Video on CBS 21 showed a school bus taking on a flooded roadway in York Co. I believe, during the height of the flooding :thumbsdown:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Susq at Hbg is actually steady fall ATH. Probably responding to the not needed dose on the west branch tribs over night and this a.m.

Will probl. just result in slowing the fall as opposed to pushing it back up to any concerning degree.

Video on CBS 21 showed a school bus taking on a flooded roadway in York Co. I believe, during the height of the flooding :thumbsdown:

with kids on board?? If so, that would be considered child endangerment for each kid on the bus.

with kids on board?? If so, that would be considered child endangerment for each kid on the bus.

They didn't say on the news - BUT, the videos were being shot from the inside of the bus and the voice sounded like school aged kids. A driver video from across the waterway shows just how dangerous this was. Someone's gonna be in trouble.

http://www.ydr.com/ci_18859960?source=most_viewed

Warning - Not for the feint of heart or tender ears!

Flash Flood Warning

WGUS51 KCTP 101306 CCA

FFWCTP

PAC021-033-101700-

/O.COR.KCTP.FF.W.0055.110910T1302Z-110910T1700Z/

/00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

FLASH FLOOD WARNING...CORRECTED

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA

902 AM EDT SAT SEP 10 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STATE COLLEGE PA HAS ISSUED A

* FLASH FLOOD WARNING FOR...

NORTHERN CAMBRIA COUNTY...

SOUTHWESTERN CLEARFIELD COUNTY...

* UNTIL 100 PM EDT...

* AT 853 AM EDT...LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS REPORTED FLASH

FLOODING FROM A THUNDERSTORM OVER NORTHERN CAMBRIA AND SOUTHWESTERN

CLEARFIELD COUNTIES. FLOODING WAS REPORTED ALONG ROUTE 219 NEAR

MAHAFFEY.

* LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO

MAHAFFEY...NORTHERN CAMBRIA...AND IRVONA.

RAIN GAGE REPORTS IN THE AREA INDICATE THAT UP TO AN INCH AND A HALF

OF RAIN HAS FALLEN IN THE LAST HOUR.

ADDITIONAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF MORE THAN AN INCH ARE POSSIBLE IN THE

WARNED AREA.

Not really needed at this point.

I just hope we are done with tropical moisture in this area for the year. Sadly, we still have about another 6 weeks to go until we are out of the peak period. At least no storms seems to be coming up to this area in the next 10 days or so. God forbid we have another storm like irene, isabel, or hazel with the winds hitting all those trees with the now swamp ground holding the roots.

agreed, but this should have a negligible effect on the West Branch. The watershed is much too big for a localized event to "move the needle" so to speak.

However, for those in the flash flooding, it's always a big deal.

Yeah - really not an issue but won't help either. Good news is that the band has trained over to the OH Rvr watershed and is diminishing on its eastern edge of the W branch.

God if I knew where half the people posting on WBRE's Facebook page lived there would be a lot of computers thrown out of windows. People are seriously calling the lightning they see from the passing storm "heat lightning". --facepalm.jpg--

Careful, man. There are a lot of people, a surprising amount, who will get mad at you if you get annoyed at the term "heat lightning."

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/25449-heat-lightning/page__hl__heat+lightning

Our long national nightmare is over: the Susquehanna and Swatara are officially below flood stage.

And all acres to Harrisnurg has been reopened. Finally.

This past week sucked.

Is this a German village?? jk.

Spotty showers have been around the area most of the day, only light amounts. The end of this week looks interesting, the cool down may provide some of the NW valleys with the first frost of the fall. I think I even spotted the 0°C line on the upper level map over the great lakes :weight_lift:

Is this a German village?? jk.

Spotty showers have been around the area most of the day, only light amounts. The end of this week looks interesting, the cool down may provide some of the NW valleys with the first frost of the fall. I think I even spotted the 0°C line on the upper level map over the great lakes :weight_lift:

It's backed off some. The 0C line at 850 was in PA during Friday's model runs.

Wow...terrible.

Still a number of roads closed in Lebanon County, including the two easiest routes to work....have to take a roundabout way to get there. The road I live on is washed out about a mile from the house...dunno when it will be fixed.

Rescuers finally found Mark's body. Finally his wife can have closure.

I missed this - who's Mark? Sorry to hear about it.

Unbelievable lightning earlier in Williamsport!! I was scared to walk to my car after work.

Last night we had a tiny storm that was barely three pixels on radar put out an incredible amount of lightning. The setup must have been perfect for lightning yesterday.

Good Lord. My boss is from Bloomsburg and his parents' house was badly damaged.

Wow...terrible.

Still a number of roads closed in Lebanon County, including the two easiest routes to work....have to take a roundabout way to get there. The road I live on is washed out about a mile from the house...dunno when it will be fixed.

My brother told me the same about York County. Unreal.

just a little tid bit i find interesting. My area of Cumberland County has been hit severel times this year with various storms. From ice during the winter, Hurricane remnents, tornados and other bad storms blowing through. the local firehouse has responded to 126 calls for service just for storm related issues. That was before this flooding. I think the last count was 62 additional calls for rain/flood issues. Thats close to 200 calls just for storms, on top of all their other fires, vehicle crashes etc. Other then Harrisburg city, the surrounding areas are all volunteer. These men and women are doing an outstanding job right now.

There will be stories coming out of central Pa, of heroic rescues made during this last round of floods, by swift water rescue crews, river recue teams and other boat teams from here and out of town crews brought in from Western Pa and other areas of the State.

just a little tid bit i find interesting. My area of Cumberland County has been hit severel times this year with various storms. From ice during the winter, Hurricane remnents, tornados and other bad storms blowing through. the local firehouse has responded to 126 calls for service just for storm related issues. That was before this flooding. I think the last count was 62 additional calls for rain/flood issues. Thats close to 200 calls just for storms, on top of all their other fires, vehicle crashes etc. Other then Harrisburg city, the surrounding areas are all volunteer. These men and women are doing an outstanding job right now.

There will be stories coming out of central Pa, of heroic rescues made during this last round of floods, by swift water rescue crews, river recue teams and other boat teams from here and out of town crews brought in from Western Pa and other areas of the State.

great post +1 to all emergency personnel this year.

My wife's company let the river rescue team use their parking lot / building for a command post since their building was flooded out. That group is truly a remarkable outfit.

Archived