joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mountain West Discussion

Chinook

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how we managed to be one of the wettest places in the country, relative to normal, in the last 90 days. It seems like we had lots of sunshine and warm temperatures. Maybe we had decent water content with the snow that hit us. Note: South Platte drainage basin back up above 100% of normal snowpack.

90dPNormUS.png

Big snow totals west of the Divide should help that:

post-384-0-59638000-1425149477_thumb.png

My snow totals for this season

October: 0"

November: 4"

December 1st-January 3rd: 11" (including 8" on Christmas)

January 4th-31st: trace, plus freezing drizzle on 3 days

February: 4.2, 1.5, 8.0, 1.0, 4.0, equal to 18.7"

total: 33.7"

Here.

Oct: .5"

Nov: 6"

Dec: 10"

Jan: 7"

Feb: 33"

Total: 56.5"

My snow totals for this season

October: 0"

November: 4"

December 1st-January 3rd: 11" (including 8" on Christmas)

January 4th-31st: trace, plus freezing drizzle on 3 days

February: 4.2, 1.5, 8.0, 1.0, 4.0, equal to 18.7"

total: 33.7"

early march: 0.2", 3.0"

total: 36.9"

Hey guys, I'm headed out to the Fort Collins/Greeley area to see family over Spring Break. I'm hoping to make it to the mountains one day to ski and maybe there will be some snow while I'm there.

I was at Copper Mountain in March 2003 for the blizzard. That was the most incredible thing I've ever seen.

Hey guys, I'm headed out to the Fort Collins/Greeley area to see family over Spring Break. I'm hoping to make it to the mountains one day to ski and maybe there will be some snow while I'm there.

I was at Copper Mountain in March 2003 for the blizzard. That was the most incredible thing I've ever seen.

Being on a mountain for the 2003 blizzard? Sounds exciting. I wasn't here then.

I think the cold pattern just quit on us. It looks to be in the 60's for at least 4 out of the next 7 days. I can't find any upper level troughs in our area on the GFS at any time in the future. Maybe some 5820m heights at 500mb. That's summertime stuff. This is supposed to be our snowiest month, on average, but it certainly won't be, if we have all warm patterns.

I was in downtown Chicago for their heatwave in March 2012. Went to the Great Lakes Operational Meteorology Workshop and presented about Michigan tornadoes, and it was pushing 90 those couple weeks.

Definitely something I would like to never experience again.

That being said, Dairy Queen's Free Cone Day came at the perfect time. Had some chocolate ice cream at lunch.

Denver has been 3.6 degrees above normal for the month, with temps from 2 to 81 during the month. My back yard still has only gotten 0.02-0.03" of rain since it stopped snowing.

AVERAGE MONTHLY: 43.5   TOTAL FOR MONTH:   0.79    DPTR FM NORMAL:   3.6   DPTR FM NORMAL:    0.03    HIGHEST:    81 ON 16    GRTST 24HR  0.34 ON 19-19LOWEST:      2 ON  5 

Archived