northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
PHL JAN 20/21 Obs and Discussion Thread

tombo82685

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW Tom, what's your Davis temp reading? Curious since a lot of ASOS's are reading 32 when we know they're probably mixing...

Trenton is reporting "MIST" that seems about as likely as all the freezing fog reports we get during a heavy snowstorm lol.

Yikes that's close...

I was wondering why Trenton was reporting just overcast skies. If they're not functioning properly, that makes sense. There's also a few other stations in C NJ reporting just overcast skies (Miller and Allaire, too.)

soon ttn will be lol...ruc is hitting the 925mb layer

So far, only places that have been borderline have switched... PNE's and PHL's visibility was always above 1 mile. LOM has been steady at 3/4 to 1 mile and there's no sign they ever switched over. TTN's vis has been like LOM's so if the pattern holds further NE then they'll just barely stay snow.

In Metuchen - 1" on the ground (just measured) and close to heavy snow - maybe 3/8 of a mile visibility. 31F. Point and click now says rain unti 5 am for most of Middlesex County and points S/E; doesn't mention rain at all in Union County (OKX) or even NW Middlesex County or any of Somerset County, as far as I can tell. Hope we stay all snow.

I was wondering why Trenton was reporting just overcast skies. If they're not functioning properly, that makes sense. There's also a few other stations in C NJ reporting just overcast skies (Miller and Allaire, too.)

The other two you mention don't have present weather sensors. Trenton does, but of course picked the greatest time ever to malfunction ;)

Archived