• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
jb to make massive revisions to his winter forecast...

There was a summer, sometime in the mid-90s, when I lived in the Shenandoah Valley that we didn't hit 90 once. That's the kind of summer I want back.

It could have been the summer of 1992, which was sandwiched in between two really hot summers (1991 and 1993). It was because Pinatubo had just erupted-- we only had 2 ninety degree days at my location, which was one of our lowest ever and lots of clouds/rain.

It could have been the summer of 1992, which was sandwiched in between two really hot summers (1991 and 1993). It was because Pinatubo had just erupted-- we only had 2 ninety degree days at my location, which was one of our lowest ever and lots of clouds/rain.

Philly only recorded (7) 90 days during the summer of 1996, never hit 90 during July which is the only time that has happened in 104 yrs.

Kinda funny, a group of us were planning a night out up in Boston or down in NYC for 1/28, I told my wife "no worries, it's supposed to warm up by then" after reading the thread on JB's thaw prediction. It will likely be cold in the hotel room that night...

Lol, you cant win wometimes. But a cold night in the cities in the winter beats a scorching hot one in the summer any day in my opinion

Were the cold, snowy winters of 1992/93 and 1993/94 also a result of the eruption of Pinatubo?

Getting e-mails at work that full withdrawl of gas from storage is expected, and full penalties will apply...

You have requested email notification of notices from Hardy Storage Company, LLC. Please see the following notice which has also been posted on our Infopost site:

Subject: Hardy - Critical Day for Storage Effective Timely Cycle January 15 - 18, 2011

Body: The gas day(s) of January 15 - 18, 2011, will be deemed to be a "Critical Day" for storage.

Based on storage withdrawal capacity and on forecasted firm storage withdrawal requirements, Transporter projects that all available storage withdrawal capacity will be required to meet firm service obligations. Transporter projects no availability of interruptible storage services.

All penalties apply.

This notice describes the events leading up to the declaration of a Critical Day, as required in General Terms and Conditions, Section 19.4 of Hardy Storage Company, LLC’s FERC Gas Tariff.

I notice that in the video, JB does make mention of 1916-17 and I get the impression that he's wishing he followed his initial instincts last Fall!

I think he might have gotten that from reading this board ;)

Oh and in answer to your other question, yes, Pinatubo was implicated in the severity of the 92-93 and 93-94 winters.

Archived