e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Winter 2011

JoMo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the black dotted line is the freezing line on those B/W charts.

Black and white? No, I see orangish-red on those charts... OMG-worthy rates in such a short time combined with the massive pressure gradient... Definitely fits the criteria for that particular hue.

Euro is heading farther north.........

HR 114: 1008 low in E. TX. HVY precip in C KS (.75 qpf in 6 hrs at least) MOD-HVY precip surrounding that in KS and then LT-MOD precip in OK

HR 120: Sub 1004 LOW in C ARK. It's cutting already. MOD-HVY precip in SW MO. LT-MOD precip in SE NE, and most of NE KS.

1000mb SLP just east of Springfield, MO at 126hrs.

This is tricky guys. I wouldn't be surprised it this wave swings even farther north. Then the next wave late next weekend takes a deeper track south. This is a weird wave, I am going to have to study on this one later tonight.

Make it stop, Doug... make it stop....

what a joke now tulsa has us down to 1.9" snow and no ice at all!

I would look at that snow and ice forecasts this far out with a gigantic grain of salt, especially this far out. In all likelihood, the forecaster who is working the update desk at NWS Tulsa simply loaded a model into his forecast graphic program and thats why you see the variation. I can assure you that forecasters(atleast in the NWS) really don't work on snow graphics until they are within 48 hours of an event.

Archived