• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
NE OK/ NW AR/ SE KS/ SW MO Winter 2011

JoMo

I'm still thinking the 11/30-12/1/06 storm. (Sorry Spot) But we may not have the temp profile to suppor that kind of snow. I'm hoping that HP to the north is stronger than being modeled and we are indeed colder top to bottom. I think we are staring down the barrell of a winter storm in this region, but the devil is in the details still for a few more days.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping for a slide to the SE. WAA could be a killer for us here.

Yeah this is looking like the typical I-44 NW thing that happens with Arctic airmasses not getting through the Ozarks until the system passes. Usually puts me in the ice with snow about 30-40 miles NW of here.

Seems to be a lot of agreement with the surface low on the 12z individual GFS Ensembles but where the temp and QPF sets up varies a lot.

Yeah we may be getting closer on a surface track but the temps are what I'm not convinced on for sure. Usually the track from SC TX over thru AR and up to W TN is excellent for us. Guess it all rides on that HP to our north and how well these models are picking up on the associated temps.

HPC going with a blend and:

PACIFIC RECON FLIGHTS REQUESTED INTO THE CRITICAL UNCERTAINTY AREAAHEAD OF THIS SYSTEM IN THE NE PACIFIC. IF A FLIGHT IS AVAILABLETHIS DATA COULD GET INTO THE MODEL SYSTEMS BY THE RUNS OF SUNDAY00Z/12Z 30 JAN.

Archived